Lightning

Clicking in front brakes.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clicking in front brakes.

I was pulling into the garage this morning and when stopping i heard a click sound from the front brakes. I backed up a touch, applied the brakes and heard the clicking sound again. Pulled in and parked and heard the same sound. It's not a popping sound more like a click or two when on the brakes. First time hearing it so i don't know if it does it on the street. What do ya think?
Thanks J-mart

Old 07-21-2002, 08:39 PM
A little more info would be helpful . I checked your profile to see you have an 01--how many miles, what type of service/driving has your L been subject to. etc.?

Having said that, it may just be the pads touching the rotors or a little debris on them???

Dan

Old 07-21-2002, 10:52 PM
I have an 01' with 12400 miles. I by no means beat it and have never had it in for any milage maintainance. When i was going slow to pull into the garage the front brakes would click a little when stopping.

Old 07-22-2002, 07:59 AM
I would find a deserted straight stretch of road and take it up to 60 mph or so and 'nail' the brakes--hard. Do this 2 or 3 times because you may have glazed the pad surfaces with too easy use of your brakes............ Of course, be safe and check for noises back in the garage.

If they're still there, I'd pull a wheel and do some lookin' around.

Dan

Old 07-22-2002, 12:18 PM
They might be glazed a little because when i lightly touch the brakes when coming to a stop i hear a little screetch and it goes away instantly with a firmer push on the break pedal.

Old 07-22-2002, 09:55 PM
Click in front brakes

Tiamat

I don't know how to post a link to a previous post, but do a search for "ForesVt" or "click at left front wheel". I have a similar problem that appears to be a slight fitment issue between the caliper and pad. Every time you change directions you get a noticeable "click" when the pad shifts in the caliper from one end to the other.

I'm going to the dealer for 10K service soon, and this is one of the items on the list. Will advise results...

ForesVt

Quick Reply: Clicking in front brakes.