Lightning

which mods first?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002 | 09:19 PM
|
Question which mods first?

hey guys, getting ready to make some mods to my 02' lightning, what should be done first? what gives the best bang for the buck? and what wont hurt the truck with prolonged use? I see alot of guys with the 4 lb pulleys, adds great power, but is it safe to use on truck all the time? have around $1500 to spend, what do the gurus recommend? friend has WS6 Trans Am, would love to beat her, seeing that she whooped my traded in 2000 GT's ***. will i be able to with the mods?

thanks

Old 07-21-2002 | 09:45 PM
Get a chip and 4# lower and say bye bye to your WS-6 friend for $700.

--Joe

Old 07-21-2002 | 09:55 PM
Re: which mods first?

Originally posted by wkuper11
hey guys, getting ready to make some mods to my 02' lightning, what should be done first? what gives the best bang for the buck? and what wont hurt the truck with prolonged use? I see alot of guys with the 4 lb pulleys, adds great power, but is it safe to use on truck all the time? have around $1500 to spend, what do the gurus recommend? friend has WS6 Trans Am, would love to beat her, seeing that she whooped my traded in 2000 GT's ***. will i be able to with the mods?

thanks

I was lookinjg for much the same thing as you... kick *** mods with minimal risk... I've had no probs thus far and can't imagine being with out my mods...

get the right mods and you'll be able to laugh at the site of anything less than a vette... I laugh at vettes from a stop light... NOT Z06's though...

Go with a chip and intake first. Best bang for the buck.
Then add a 2-4lb pulley, some new plugs and the Factory Tech Valve Body...

$1500 later (total) you'll be faster than 99% of the vehicle on the road... it's a good feeling...

Just be careful... my toy, with the mods I recommended above has gotten me in some legal trouble... too fast for me... It would seem I'm not mature enough for the truck... either than or I have bad luck and just got caught...

Don't ask which dealer to use. They are all good... Call em up, talk to em and choose one.

Old 07-21-2002 | 11:18 PM
|
thanks for the tips guys, the valve body is that easy to do? you have to drop trans pan right? I have fairly good mechanical skills and can follow directions well, as long as no special tools are required can the average person do this mod without screwing up trans?

Old 07-21-2002 | 11:52 PM
Originally posted by wkuper11
thanks for the tips guys, the valve body is that easy to do? you have to drop trans pan right? I have fairly good mechanical skills and can follow directions well, as long as no special tools are required can the average person do this mod without screwing up trans?
Valve body is EASY, but you do need a Inch-lb toqrue wrench...

so... takes 15 minutes to do if you ahve the wrench... you'll also need 8qts of dex/merc 3....

Quick Reply: which mods first?