Lightning

WooHoo! Bed cover is finally here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002 | 08:41 PM
Thumbs up BEST COVER OUT THERE BY FAR

I have had mine for over 3 months and have no prolems with it. I took off the decal too...looks cleaner with it off. You will get years of use with it too. I live in Cali and picked mine up from a buddy for 750.00..so no sh. exp. The struts are strong. I use my truck as a work hauler and needed to be sure that it could handle the daily abuse. The company backs it up. I drilled mine into the bed instead of just clamping it on. I have heard some horror stories of the cover launching into the cab during braking. Just install it right the first time. Smart Choice.....GOOD LUCK....JD

Old 08-03-2002 | 08:58 PM
Originally posted by LightninSVT
Thanks guys,

I stay in Kitty Hawk mile post 3

BTW Tim, what was wrong with yours?
The only thing I didnt like is that the left shock was closer to the edge of the cover than the right shock and the shock was initially rubbing on the inside of the bed rail. By the way, the paint is excellent, better than the stock paint job, and no orange peel effect
Like yours, mine was closer to the left bedrail. So close, in fact, that the shock rubbed the screw in the mount and scratched it.

That's minimal, the core was off centered so bad that the left side of the core sit on top of the bed rail preventing it from closing. This is a known problem with Innovations and why the can't resolve it is beyond me.

I'm really glad you got a good one, wish I had.

Today at Bristol FFW, I looked at a Snuglid and the installation was SO simple and that it made Innovations look really bad. All of that generic/fit-all-hardware is not necessary.

I have three scratches on the front of my bed from trying to install a defective tonneau cover. They were willing to send me another cover but I waited 5 weeks already and wasn't ready to wait another 5 weeks for anohter crap-shoot. Draw your on conclusions from this, I did and canceled my order.

Tim

Old 08-05-2002 | 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Chikenears

That's minimal, the core was off centered so bad that the left side of the core sit on top of the bed rail preventing it from closing. This is a known problem with Innovations and why the can't resolve it is beyond me.

Tim
You were definately not the only one with this problem. When I complained, they said they would send me a new one, but expressed that the problem was very easy to fix. I decided to do that instead, and they guarenteed that if I messed it up, they would send me a new one. With a demel and 3m spray glue, it was fixed within an hour. And if I was able to do it, then I am sure anyone would be able to. I am sorry that things did not work out for you.

Old 08-05-2002 | 03:31 PM
Originally posted by esche

You were definately not the only one with this problem. When I complained, they said they would send me a new one, but expressed that the problem was very easy to fix. I decided to do that instead, and they guarenteed that if I messed it up, they would send me a new one. With a demel and 3m spray glue, it was fixed within an hour. And if I was able to do it, then I am sure anyone would be able to. I am sorry that things did not work out for you.
Mine was beyond repair, at least for me to do. The core was 3 inches off center to the left and even made the left side shock rub the inside of the bed-rail when closing.

If mine was repairable, I would have tried but with the shock situation like it was I elected to send it back.

I'm glad you could fix yours.

Tim

Old 08-05-2002 | 05:12 PM
|
I was impressed with quality of the paint, however the construction could have been a little better. My "core" as your calling it was more centered to the left. So much that if I left the screws in the top mounting holes, the shock would scrape it on the way down. I just used a washer and put the screws in the bottom hole and it doesnt seem to rub anymore... Its damn close though. They could have used a little heavier duty steel for their drill mount system also.

One other thing was that I had to bend down the metal lip that the lock catches so that it was tight. You could actually lift up the cover about an inch and a half before the latch caught the lip.

This was my first cover that i've installed myself, but I imagine it would have been easier with some good directions. I had to call them to figure out where to position certain pieces.
They are very helpful on the phone though.

Jon

Old 08-05-2002 | 06:20 PM
Off the Subject but what kinda exhaust tips are you using with your dual flowmasters?>?>

Old 08-05-2002 | 06:21 PM
That question was directed toward LightninSVT

Old 08-05-2002 | 06:23 PM
|
Sorry I forget the brand They are just a 4" chrome tip with a rolled edge. You can probably find something like them at your local speed shop

Jon

Quick Reply: WooHoo! Bed cover is finally here!