Lightning

alarm & courtesy lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002 | 10:43 PM
its been ages since i have done an UNGO, but if the domelight supervision is tied into the door trigger, will light the interior light for around 30 seconds doesn't matter if the gem is sleeping or not. It will assume a door was opened.

If the alarm doesnt have this its easy enough to 'create' a disarm pulse with two diodes, and relay, attached to the door unlock (alarm side), and tieing it to the door trigger wire with a timer relay from DEI, prolly about 35$ worth of parts.

If you want a diagram please let me know and i'll sketch it up.

Brandon

Old 07-25-2002 | 11:52 PM
i have the 550esp, everything comes on when i hit unlock, and blinks when i hit lock, interiors stay on too once i unlock, its just in the harness

Old 07-25-2002 | 11:56 PM
|
crazyone:

can you tell me what i need to tell the installer so he can do this for me please...i want to have this done tomorrow i want it to be ready for the weekend's crazy nights thanks crazyone...i really appreciate it...seems like andrewjhaley had an installer that went all out

P.S. i want the running board lights, dome light and bed light to come on when i hit the unlock button (practically everything). THANKS AGAIN CRAZYONE, i really appreciate your time in helping me out!

Old 07-26-2002 | 01:47 AM
HuskerF150: the installer and i talked about it last year and came up with that too.. thats what we thought it was.
he didn't know how to fix it other than wiring up some other junk, and i didn't have time to let him do it...

Crazyone: i am going to the shop next week, can you give me a sketch of what to do just in case he doesn't know.. it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

thanks!

Old 07-27-2002 | 01:02 PM
Originally posted by KingRanchSC02
crazyone:

can you tell me what i need to tell the installer so he can do this for me please...i want to have this done tomorrow i want it to be ready for the weekend's crazy nights thanks crazyone...i really appreciate it...seems like andrewjhaley had an installer that went all out

P.S. i want the running board lights, dome light and bed light to come on when i hit the unlock button (practically everything). THANKS AGAIN CRAZYONE, i really appreciate your time in helping me out!
Do your running lights come on when you open the door currently??

Clonetek, i'll sketch something up tonight when i got some time, its rather simple and i am surprised your installer cant figure it out. Email me off the board and i'll just give you my cell phone # and he can call me.

Brandon

Old 07-27-2002 | 02:14 PM
|
don't worry about it crazyone...i had it done...i just told hime what you told me before and what huskerf150 told me, and he got it done. he's been doing this for over 20 years, so i think he could have done it in the first place, he just didnt want to. thanks for your help.

-KRSC02

Old 07-27-2002 | 04:36 PM
it's not that he couldnt figure it out.. i ran out of time & had to go to work..

Old 10-24-2006 | 08:47 PM
Crazyone, I have 07 HD with a Clifford 10.5. The factory keyless entry turns on the domelight when I unlock the doors and at night the perimeter lights come on. I want my Clifford alarm to do the same can this be done.

Thanks

Old 10-25-2006 | 01:52 AM
I'm gonna bet that Crazyone will not respond since hte thread is 4 years old, but it should work. I have done it with my dad's help via the dome light supervision described with my Viper 591XV installed by my college roomate who worked at best buy installing them. My dad has a masters degree from Purdue in electrical engineering so he did most of hte work, but I am sure someone will read this who knows how to help you more.

Old 10-25-2006 | 09:29 AM
I've never had to use a relay for dome light supervision on our trucks. The dome light feature can easily be integrated with the door trigger...

I install 4 diodes. Two in series with the door trigger wires to prevent the voltage pulse when the module goes into sleep mode from back feeding to the door trigger wires and consequently the alarm trigger. Then two diodes connected upstream (door trigger side) of those isolation diodes to combine those triggers into one for the alarm input. For the dome light I connect the trigger output of the alarm to one of the door trigger wires also at the upstream side (door trigger side) of the isolation diodes. There is no dome light relay required unless you have to change polarity, but in a lot alarms the dome light output polarity can be switched.

Old 10-25-2006 | 10:00 AM
Here's a quick sketch:

If you notice, the alarm trigger is completely isolated from the possibility of either a positive(+) or negative (-) pulse from the body control module.

Last edited by SILVER2000SVT; 10-25-2006 at 10:06 AM.

Quick Reply: alarm & courtesy lights