Lightning

I can almost GUARANTEE none of u have raced 1 of these; ME LUCKY!! (LONG POST)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2002 | 03:37 PM
As soon as we can i'm going to buy an infiniti g35 sedan for our family car. Awesome performance and relatively inexpensive for what you are getting.

Old 07-26-2002 | 05:07 PM
Exclamation Les Get things straight

Ok I've been reading the posts on this thread for a little while now and I want to add my two cents. First of all I want to say to the original author of this that I consider him a very lucky person to have seen a friggen Skyline let alone raced one.... second of all, when those people who have been saying "WRX j spec" might have just been playing a little too much GT3.... I admit the JDM WRX is a very ballsy car as you all have been refering to it as.... but I mean to say its not J spec.... u can call it that but all it means is that it has been converted to the way it would be sold in the japanese domestic market(JDM)...... and third of all some of you guys have it very wrong when you say that Japanese cars are only formidable when they have a big a$$ turbo strapped on.... well in alot of cases you are right.... but in the case of the Honda NSX you are so very very wrong..... the NSX is capable of unbelivable horses..... you GT3 heads should know that.... and lastly here is the all comprehensive list of the best japanese high end sports cars:

Nissan Skyline GT-R(R34) - Only for sale in Japan
Honda s2000 (seemingly underrated but I roll with some1 who has made his very fearsome)
Honda NSX (I say honda NSX cause you have to see one of these JDM style)
Toyota Supra MKIV TT (320 horses stock baby, add bigger and sequential turbos and you have a bad *** mustang beater)
Subaru Impreza WRX (JDM or USDM its all good)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo - only for sale in Japan (and by far better than any stock WRX)
Nissan Silvia - (s13, s14, s15) 240sx with a sr20 DET engine and a turbo
Datsun 240z - yea its old as hell, but a skyline engine bolts in beautifully in that engine bay
Mazda Gen3 RX-7 - limitless horsepower is availble out of the original Wakel Rotar2 rotary engine, or you an always go with a tri-Rotor Cosmo engine and tear it up.

I have presonally driven everyone of these cars accept the 240z (I spent a summer in Japan) so I know how these cars move from expierence(almost jizzed my pants stepping into the skyline)

Thats the list, not in any order or in favoritisim, just put out there... and just to let you know I have MUCHO respect for the Ford Lightning, only truck I would ever buy..... anything that has a 4.0 0-60mph is good in my books
Peace,
Steveo!

P.S. - This is only commenting on the stock versions of the cars and the potential out of them.... me personally I drive a MKIV TT Supra with 552 horses.... I did like I said and added new turbos, but left them sequential..... exhaust, downpipe, intake, headers, blow-off valve, wastegate, boost controler, air/fuel meter, short shift, and im too lazy to type up the rest..... send me an E-Mail for all the mods if your really interested or if u wanna go at it!

P.P.S. - thats 552 on 7psi. boost..... I turn it to 17psi. if I know im gonna be racing..... dont know the amount of horses there.

Old 07-26-2002 | 05:15 PM
also!
Just adding that it is rediculious how many crapy Integras and Civics I see on the streets an take much pleasure in seeing the dissapear in my rearview mirror . Please im telling u, if u ever see one of these on the streets beat the living hell out of it as soon as you can, because a stock Ford Lightning can rape a civic or integra even if they are reletively highly modded.... but I have to warn you that there are some well done civics out there, but they are few and far between.

I know this isnt really necessary but I was just settling down for a nap when two of those little bastards blew by me and pissed me off.... Just let me vent.

Peace,
Steveo!

Last edited by JpnPwr1124; 07-26-2002 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-26-2002 | 05:18 PM
This is a Ford site so alot of people are going to dump on the imports. I myself am a car freak. All cars, mostly sports cars i watch closely. As i said before i think the s2000 is wicked and the WRX is bad ***. Not everyone keeps up with these cars from overseas and since they don't like most imports, it's not their bag. Hopefully some of these people will drive some of these cars and get a taste of what they are missing. Some people just don't like sushi.
Thanks, J-mart

Old 07-26-2002 | 09:30 PM
by the time i reach midlife crisis and still can't afford a ferrari, porsche or some other erotic..i mean exotic car, i'll def. get an S2k and not a weak little miata

and yea, japanese motorheads are extremists and also a clever bunch...read somewhere that because of all the photoradar they have there, they put hinges on their front license plates so they swing downwards and out of sight when over certain speeds....

you see, it's actually obvious that they'd turn out to be such dedicated gearheads: they have tons of cash and nowhere to spend it. houses and property are sky-high so if u got some money and your hobby is cars, what else are you gonna spend your cheese on? cars! and those guys are not afraid to mod anything, everything from mazda 323s to porsche 911s....crazy pop culture

Last edited by cyntaxx; 07-26-2002 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-27-2002 | 09:38 PM
Originally posted by DamonH
I'm a huge fan of skylines ... check out this dyno video of one w/ 852 ALL wheel hp:http://www.exvitermini.com/movies/852r33.mpg

Thats 852 kilowatts.

Marios Skyline is pretty nuts.

I work for MotoRex in the US. If the guy didn't know what he was doing - getting them off the line can be tricky. Basically just have to have the ***** to rev it to 6500 rpms and drop the clutch.

Lightnings are fast - but not the fastest thing around. Its always good to know what else is out there- especially if you are ever racing for money.

Sean
96 GT-R 10.71 @ 137
02 F150 - Magnacharged
92 Typhoon 11.85@113
91 Syclone 13.26@100

Last edited by tyndago; 07-27-2002 at 09:42 PM.

Quick Reply: I can almost GUARANTEE none of u have raced 1 of these; ME LUCKY!! (LONG POST)