Lightning

Can you have one mechanical gauge, and one electrical gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002 | 12:55 PM
|
Can you have one mechanical gauge, and one electrical gauge?

Well, after much waiting, I'm going with the Lunar Series. I bought the 2-gauge pod from Lo-Tek, so I got 2 gauges to buy. I'm going with the Mechanical Boost (4103 for lunar), and wanted to go with Electrical Air-Fuel (4175 for lunar). Is there any problem with mix-and-matching mechanical with electrical in the same pod................Please advise, before I order these.

thx,
JC

Old 07-25-2002 | 01:10 PM
i got a mechanical vacuum and electrical fuel pressure in the same pod with no problems whatsoever

Old 07-25-2002 | 01:14 PM
nah man, that works fine. Mechanical and electric doesn't matter.

Old 07-25-2002 | 01:23 PM
The difference between mech and elect gauges is just the way the gauges receive the signals. Mech gauges are driven from whatever source you are monitoring (boost, fuel, oil,.....) so you have to bring that source up to the gauge itself. More room is required for the plumbing plus any wires for lighting but he gauge is also more accurate. Elect gauges receive the signal via a wire or wires from a variable resistance device usually located on the engine (water temp sender, oil pressure sender, ...) Less room required behind the gauge but also less accurate. Personally I don't like any mech gauges in the cab (except for maybe a boost gauge since it's only air) because if you get a leak in any of the lines instant mess (you'd be suprised just how much oil can come out of that little 1/8 tube when they break, and fuel would be down right dangerous). Mixing the two in a pod won't cause any problems for the gauges themselves though . Sorry for long post just wanted to help with some info.

Old 07-25-2002 | 02:01 PM
What he said^^^^ I was just too lazy to type it

Q

Old 07-25-2002 | 02:21 PM
|
THX GUYS...............definitely going with them Lunar gauges.........love the light show, and the match is perfect with the dash

JC

Quick Reply: Can you have one mechanical gauge, and one electrical gauge?