Lightning

Anyone lose brake pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002 | 12:42 AM
|
Anyone lose brake pressure?

Any updates on fixes for pedal pressure drop during moderate stops? I bled them today as suggested but still will drop 1/2" or so with an associated pressure loss.
Anyone else?

Old 07-27-2002 | 10:05 AM
I've had problems with my breaks since the day I took my
02 home. I still have only 3,500 miles on my Lightning and the brakes aren't what I believe they should be. Sometimes it won't even hold back the truck when I'm power breaking it ??? The problem seems to be at it's worse during the first few minutes of run time in the morning. I'll pull out of my driveway in reverse put it in drive pull up a few feet, hit the brakes and you can plainly feel it's not stoping the Truck (ask the dead cats in my neighborhood )
Anybody else experiencing that ???

Ford bragged and boasted about how great the brakes are in the
02 Lightning and to tell you the truth I think they suck. You have to pump them before a power brake, and they clearly fade.

And No I havent brought it back to the Dealer, I NEVER DO.
I don't need anybody beating the *****z out of my investment.

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 07-28-2002 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-27-2002 | 10:31 AM
Red face Calm down C. B.!

Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning
I've had problems with my breaks since the day I took my
02 home.

Ford bragged and boasted about how great the brakes are in the
02 Lightning and to tell you the truth I think they suck. They've sucked since day one, they won't hold the truck back during a power brake, you have to pump them to get a nice high pedal, and they clearly fade lower than it should each time you hit the breaks.

And No I havent brought it back to the Dealer, I NEVER DO.
I don't need any punk *** kid beating the *****z out of my investment.
Hey Cat,
Your Lightning has a VERY unique brake anomoly. Don't worry about or anticipate problems with the dealer screwing up your investment, as you are prolly on your own distructive path by being a D.A. and complaining rather than proactively correcting the STOPING problem. These trucks have excellent brake systems and you just happened to get a truck with some thing wrong. Wake up and get your truck repaired before you run over somebody!!

Last edited by xjmd44; 07-27-2002 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-27-2002 | 07:13 PM
Your right J. Mark, I shouldn't have been so verbal in my reply. The breaks stop fine on the open road but at slow rolling speeds they simply dont seem to have the Vacum needed to maintain proper pressure in the booster (especially when you first start it). Kind of like one of my old Big Block Chevelles with a big cam in it, if you take off and then have to hit the brakes sudden at a slow speed you have no vacum / hence, no brakes. Same thing with my Lightning, and the pedal does clearly fade. Been like that since the day I bought it. I'm use to it now, so it's no big deal.
And PS. I was only kidding about the cats

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 07-28-2002 at 08:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone lose brake pressure?