Lightning

Having Ford alarm trouble

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002 | 10:24 AM
|
Unhappy Having Ford alarm trouble

I unhooked the negative battery cable to do some work on the truck. When I hooked it back up the remotes no longer work to disable the alarm. They lock/unlock the doors fine they just no longer activate/deactivate the alarm. Problem is the alarm is stuck on. Only way to start the truck is the hit the override button. Any ideas?

Old 07-27-2002 | 12:50 PM
"override button" ???

to my knowledge there isn't one on the ford ones. It uses the doors key cyl(has a switch in it that disarms the alarm) So are you sure its a 'FORD" alarm and not an aftermarket?

Brandon

Old 07-27-2002 | 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Crazyone
"override button" ???

to my knowledge there isn't one on the ford ones. It uses the doors key cyl(has a switch in it that disarms the alarm) So are you sure its a 'FORD" alarm and not an aftermarket?

Brandon
My system 4 Ford alarm in my Mercury had an override button. Wish I had an answer for 69Roadster

Old 07-28-2002 | 01:54 AM
i wouldnt say they are ford alarms.. arent those dealer installed items?

mine originally had a ford 'alarm' but i had it removed. took the lot boy 4 mins to yank it out from under the dash

Old 07-28-2002 | 02:11 AM
69Roadster,

Don't know how to fix it, but while the alarm is going off get in your car and hit unlock on your controls inside, that might shut the "alarm" part off, but I don't know how to fix it.

Old 07-28-2002 | 10:43 AM
|
Yep it's a System 4 Ford alarm installed by a Ford dealership.

I guess that is another weird thing. The alarm is armed, the light is flashing, but the siren doesn't go off when I open the doors. All it seems to be doing is disabling the starter. Interesting.

All the manual says is to take it to the dealership if it doesn't work right. Hoping someone here will know what to do...

Quick Reply: Having Ford alarm trouble