Lightning

I got the FASTEST truck* at F150online

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 08:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So where's Silxer-X when you need him

Spiro, you going to take that smack.....

Old 07-28-2002, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do I read this right,

Someone is bragging and calling himself the King who ran a 16 sec 1/4 mile

Well at least he called us "THE BIG BOYS"

Old 07-28-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by LOCOSVT
Run whatcha brung, and have fun! is what I say...

If all else fails, you've got acres of sheet metal to put stickers on, that should be good for 300-400 hp.
Gotcha on the decals, eh anybody have any they can send me? lol

All kidding aside, a great time was had by all (well, aleast by me) I just hope to get some of these Bench (message board?) racers to shut off their computers for a while and actually come out for this thing next year.

Speaking for myself, I was like a little kid in a candy store. The only reason I didn't leave puddles of my drool on the the Lightnings that were there is because I just couldn't seem to keep myself off the track.

As LOCOSVT clearly notes, it's run what you brung and all about the fun (at least for me) Was my time fast? No, and I know that, but then it WAS all that was needed to be the fastest Expy/Gator there!!!

To paraphrase Forest Gump "Sorry if I spoiled your little Lightning party" with my rant of Fastest Truck* at F150online but like I said "I was the fastest Expy/Gator there, any one who wants to try to take that from me had better show up NEXT YEAR!!!!

Old 07-28-2002, 04:45 PM
Rest In Peace
Exclamation

I think you better change the title of this thread because last time i checked Lightnings were trucks to Even though everyone likes to compare us to Z06's and Crapmeros we are still trucks. We cant help that our PICK-UP TRUCK can **** on their sports cars hehe .

Old 07-28-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by BadAzz516
I think you better change the title of this thread because last time i checked Lightnings were trucks to Even though everyone likes to compare us to Z06's and Crapmeros we are still trucks. We cant help that our PICK-UP TRUCK can **** on their sports cars hehe .
Yep, I think you may be right about the thread title but I just couldn't resist using it AND posting in the Lightning forum to try to get some of the L owner's attention.

I had a great time at the Rally and would like to see the whole Virginia Motorsports Park 'covered up' with Lightnings next year. Then maybe after losing my crown after the first race I can set back with a cold beer and watch the Lightnings run

Old 07-28-2002, 06:58 PM
Did you run a bracket class. That's the way I understood it. And if that's the case you shouldn't be bragging about being the "fastest" Just the "most consistently slow"
CA

Old 07-28-2002, 08:48 PM
Thumbs up

Hey guys(and one gal ). Give him a break. He's rightly proud of his win. I'm glad for him. He's paying us respect and we're flaming him ???

Dan

Last edited by LIGHTNINROD; 07-29-2002 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-28-2002, 08:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by WhiteLightninSVTGirl
Did you run a bracket class. That's the way I understood it. And if that's the case you shouldn't be bragging about being the "fastest" Just the "most consistently slow"
CA
Ouch!

Old 07-28-2002, 10:19 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, but what in the hell is an Expy/Gator?????????????

Old 07-28-2002, 10:38 PM
Red face

I think I can take him with my V8 Grand Cherokee (hey it's even got a chip-n-filter)!

All this talk of 15's and 16's is putting me to sleep...and it's only lunchtime!!

The Beast of Oz Gallery

Old 07-28-2002, 10:38 PM
Wink

Originally posted by DennisG
Please excuse my ignorance, but what in the hell is an Expy/Gator?????????????
Expedition and Navigator.

Petrol, Good job in coming in first, maybe we can line up SUV's sometime.
Bill

Old 07-28-2002, 11:11 PM
I know my times stink but i have 42#'ers, 90 mm MAF, 9# pulley, Lightning fuel pump, and a flip chip.

Right now it makes 268 rwhp 385 rwft/lbs multiply that by 35% for the 4r100 and the AWD i get around 410 hp and 520 ft/lbs.

I only have 3.55's and the stock 32's.

one of these days i will be in the 14's. i think at a lower temp i will be able to get into the 9's in the 1/8th and maybe mid 15's in the 1/4 it was 88 degrees and 69% humidity.

Old 07-29-2002, 07:42 PM
I wanted to get her across the scales but she didn't want to go. (sits in the drive all week while I drive my F150 company car, and I didn't have time to get by the scales)

Anybody have a good guess as to how much 'Ms Essie' might weigh? (see sig)

My guess is 5400 lbs or there abouts

Old 07-31-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by LIGHTNINROD
Hey guys(and one gal ). Give him a break. . . .
Thanks Dan but not needed, I think the 'flamethrowers' can be grouped into one of two catagories:

1. Those that aren't Lightning owners

2. Those that didn't read past my first post on this thread cause they were fumed by the title.

Either way, it's like I said. I was just trying to stir up some interest in the event and maybe, just MAYBE get some of these folks off their, eh screenames were 'bench racing' (or is it message board racing) rules and get them to the track

Old 07-31-2002, 02:03 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry I did realize that track times from anywhere but the rally were invalid and qualify as "message board racer".
Did not see where you were in charge of putting this rulling in place.
My only complaint earlier was is was not the fastest truck, but in fact the fastest EPXY at the rally ( BTW you never answered how many EXPYs ran there ).
Brag about beating out a guy with a S/C, then when someone else with nitrous or a S/C comes along with track times from another place you say well I'm stock, and you were not at the rally, diregarding the times they post.

NO I do not have a L, but I also do not brag about being the "I got the FASTEST truck* at F150online ".

IMHO this is not a way to ask for help... That is all I was getting at in my earlier post.
You got a good time for a mostly stock EXPY, be proud of that I would. The other thread you posted had a correct title at least, fastest EXPY at ( s/b F150 rally ) F150 online.
Kick back all you want, it does not change what was written unless you edit it also. Take it all with a gran of salt

Quick Reply: I got the FASTEST truck* at F150online