Lightning

Loss of Power at 120 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2002 | 08:59 PM
Well, if this helps at all, here is what should be taking place.....

If you are at WOT (over 2.92 volts TP) and accellerating, the truck is set up upshift into 4th gear at 111 mph (factory setting for CUX1) and then the lock up should follow right after that. When the truck is in 3rd, that's direct drive, 1:1 ratio, using full hp. When the truck upshifts into 4th, that's overdriver, .71:1 ratio, which is going to cut power considerably, and then the lock up comes on, which should lower the rpms even more. That 4th gear shift together with the fact that the aerodynamics die about that speed, should feel like a drop in power on an average truck.

Could this be what you are feeling Jeff?

Old 07-29-2002 | 09:41 PM
|
Sal,,

I don't believe the convertor lock up is it...occasionally at lighter throttle I feel lock up after the third gear shift..seems like that anyhow.....What happens is I stay in the throttle untill it's shifted into 4th..and on this truck currently that is about 120....maybe a couple hundred rpm into redline on the factory tach....Boost is abot 12-13 on the autometer...any the shift..the drop in rpm..and heading back up....at 120 in fourth at 3800-4000 again per factory tach it..just will not go..I'm only looking for a solution..and I`m not sure why it's doing it. Could it be bumping the limiter...is it raised any? does`nt really feel like it is ...just take it bogs down...Strange it runs strong and hard up to the 120 mark..shifts at redline...but just will not go if I stay in the gas..it bogs..if I let off and the speed drops down below 110-115 it will pick up till the crash. Anyhow I"m uncertain..will pull the plugs tommorw and inspect them..they are the stock ones...any ideas...I`m at fn_darkness@hotmail.com
Thanks..

Old 07-29-2002 | 10:59 PM
Is it normal to feel your converter lock-up before it shifts into 4th? Mine does.

Old 07-29-2002 | 11:02 PM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
twisted...why don't you lemme ride in it and see if I can help to describe it. you gonna be at the track tomorrow?

Later

Old 07-30-2002 | 08:13 PM
|
Man you'll only slow me down...When I git it right I will show....

Count on it.

Old 07-30-2002 | 08:26 PM
|
Things are lookin' up

Well maybe the fuel line is cleaning up...This am I took it out on that empty stretch , ambient was around 78 degrees. I stopped completely. Punched it and never let off...130 and still pulling good. Think it was the filter....Something so simple and yet so....uh...important. I`ll try one more time in the morning and see if I can bury the needle....once again.

I can tell everyone that with the front two longer leaf springs clamped and new rubber..this thing hooks fantastic...or the power is down...I'll hook up the G-tech for some data....Sal...
I you read this please send me another set of the Denso's..Just 3# pulley....160 stat conical and that Mean PSP programing....

BFB ..you don`t really believe the power is down..do you?

I wouldn't sandbag yah...grin

Quick Reply: Loss of Power at 120 MPH