Lightning

procharged 6banger stang vs. lightning?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2002 | 05:12 PM
Re: procharged 6banger stang vs. lightning?

Originally posted by TYT-LYT
Hey guys, my friend has an 02 v-6 auto stang and he has a chip, 4.10 gears and a pulley...
I just realised you mentioned pulley. If your reffering to a lower under drive crank pulley, its going to spin the blower slower, making less power. The smaller pulley will slow down the compressor, where a larger one would speed things up.
The 99 crank pulley is a little smaller than the 01-02 lower pulley. The 01-02's will make more boost. tell your buddy to return it.
L injectors, and Maf is what I use, and seems to be the favorite choice amongst Tuners for this set-up.

EDIT:

L's and the 03' Cobra's come with 42's. But the L injector will require a new pigtail to work with the harness, where as the 42's from the cobra's will not require them. Why FORD makes the same injector with 2 different plugs is beyond me...but, they do.

Last edited by Spiro99SVT; 07-29-2002 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-29-2002 | 11:56 PM
Spiro glad to see you are still in the game.That 6 seems to be laying down. If you would could you e-mail me the 11 sec. L combo. thanks Brian

Old 07-30-2002 | 04:26 AM
Banned
Re: ****

Originally posted by Spiro99SVT

First off...It takes one to know one...

Wow..and you made it through High school with that attitude?? I really dont understand why your so negative on the 6's unless they slightly intimidate you.

Listen..I have no reason to sit hear and defend this to you, but for you to pass on negative info is WRONG!! 15K for a motor?? 800 for a rear??? I bet the shwag weed your smokin' cost you a couple of G's...LOL
BTW...there are forged pieces out there, if you know where to look, and what to look for.
What do you base your info on that v6 dont hold the power?? or are you simply talking from your a@s on that? Is it that hard to believe the capabilites of a v6...REMEMBER the GN's??
Where do you get 11Psi and kaboom, I would like to see these facts you talk of, and Im sure many others will as well.
I think people with an attitude like this, are more the idiot...as you so kindly put it!!

So what if I, or many others want to explore and break new grounds, if it helps others with their 6's, then thats fine enough for me! So what If I want to spend a little more than the "average Joe" building a 4.6.

Just so you know, the 4.6 dont make that much more power as compared to the 6's, they do have more torque, but the 6's weight is overall less than that of a V8. And there's always a 4.2, and even a 4.6 stroker for the 3.8's....
Learn anything yet??

Procharger has had great sucess with plenty of boost, and the kits have been out for close to a year now, so your info is very misleading, with nothing backing it up ****
Either way, I had to reply to this guy...

MURPHY'S LAW
-Never argue with a fool, because sometimes people cant tell the difference

Tommy,
You'll have mail in a few minutes
Umm, lets go through this line by line... Your awfully defensive...

Wow..and you made it through High school with that attitude?? I really dont understand why your so negative on the 6's unless they slightly intimidate you.
After owning numerous 10 second cars, i cant say any car intimidates me.

Listen..I have no reason to sit hear and defend this to you, but for you to pass on negative info is WRONG!! 15K for a motor?? 800 for a rear??? I bet the shwag weed your smokin' cost you a couple of G's...LOL
I dont know where you have been sleeping in the modular motor world, but your looking at $7-8K for a bottom end built modular done PROPERLY. Now, i havent been around a 5.4 very long, but i have over 6 yrs dealing with 4.6 Alumn Modulars.

BTW...there are forged pieces out there, if you know where to look, and what to look for
If the piston doesnt say JE or CS, i want nothing to do with them. Now, tell me who manf these forged internals for the Modular 6?

What do you base your info on that v6 dont hold the power?? or are you simply talking from your a@s on that? Is it that hard to believe the capabilites of a v6...REMEMBER the GN's??
Where do you get 11Psi and kaboom, I would like to see these facts you talk of, and Im sure many others will as well.
I think people with an attitude like this, are more the idiot...as you so kindly put it!!
Umm, your comparing a N/A Ford Modular V6 against a low compression, built buick engine intended for a force inducted application? Give me a break. Apples to Oranges here.

11 PSI + Ford Modular V6 = Kaboom. Ive seen several Mod V6's attempt force induction with little success. Not to mention, the lack of efficiency the mod 6 has to begin with.

So what if I, or many others want to explore and break new grounds, if it helps others with their 6's, then thats fine enough for me! So what If I want to spend a little more than the "average Joe" building a 4.6.
I hardly consider building a 6 breaking new ground. Tell me the logic behind spending more for less with a 6 vs 4.6? Thats the same logic that seperates PC users from MAC users. Mac users pay more for less, including dated legacy technology.

4.6 parts are now coming out full steam. 6 Years of testing has unleashed serious performance parts. This is the next level above the 5.0's. Why waste your time and $$ on a 6?

Just so you know, the 4.6 dont make that much more power as compared to the 6's, they do have more torque, but the 6's weight is overall less than that of a V8. And there's always a 4.2, and even a 4.6 stroker for the 3.8's....
Learn anything yet??
So your telling me a 4.6 2V makes just a little more power then the 6? ? LMAO. Ok. a 96-98 4.6 was held back because of heads. Meet 99+ heads, whole different ball game. So what year engine are you comparing this to?

You can stroke a 6 to your hearts content. Your wrist pin with sit in such a manner you will be burning a quart of oil every 1000 miles. If weight is a concern to you, i point you to the 4.6 Alumn mod block. Compare the weight to the 6 vs the 4.6 Romeo.

I had an option to stroke my 4.6 until i saw how thin the cyl walls would be, how the wrist pin sat against the rod. I chose that minimal gains in CUI and Stroke arent worth giving up durability.

Procharger has had great sucess with plenty of boost, and the kits have been out for close to a year now, so your info is very misleading, with nothing backing it up ****
Email me when you have re-written the book of Moores Law. Im really curious to see these V6's take over the world.

Also keep in mind the added expense for an entire new fuel system as 11 psi will easily demand more fuel then the current 6's setup produces. Also, placing that car on a dyno, i wouldnt doubt that the MAF pegs out at .+5V between 3400-3999 RPM.

In one aspect i commend you for trying to make a 6 perform. But in another breath, youre beating a dead horse at the same time.

Last edited by Flying Mofo; 07-30-2002 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-30-2002 | 12:00 PM
Without getting into any bashing, most supercharged v-6s I've seen put down between 250-270 on a dyno, with a custom tune and everything. I'm sure it's possible to see more with the correct setup, but I don't think seeing over 300 RWHP is common with such setups.

Certainly these cars are quick, and with the right driver, faster than a stock Mustang GT. Maybe a stock Lightning with a so-so driver could be beaten by one, but I don't see it happening often.

The last supercharged v-6 I saw at the track blew up, for what it's worth... Not to say that it's a common occurrence, but I've seen one out of one supercharged v-6 at the strip, and it nuked...

Old 07-30-2002 | 03:59 PM
Make sure you race him best two out of three. Even if he does manage to beat you the first time, he won't win the next two. He will be busy changing head gaskets, or putting a new third gear in the trans.

Old 07-30-2002 | 05:06 PM
Thumbs down STOP THE CHILDISH *****

First off, it seems as if you dont know that the 3.8 ARE NOT a Modular motor. This is not a pissing contest!! If your were curious as to what is availabe, you should e-mail me, not act like this here in the L Forum. IMO

Listen...I am not defensive, its just your simply so "uptight" and should really educate yourself a little more on whats available out there for the V6's. Why is it that folks like to think they "everything", and should try and insult someone else?? Rememeber...you started with the insults **** (nice name).
I or anyone dont expect you to, but your really coming off like an bad seed IMO. Some guy asks a question, I make a post...and your all of a sudden fully aware of whats available, and what is not. In my young 30 years, I have had 7 Mustangs, all V8's and built like most other "me too" car out there...so what?? Does this make you smarter than me, I currently have a Team car competing in HOT STREET NMRA action, and if you know anything about the class, its a no power adder class. And to be competative, running in the mid- to low 9's @ more that 140 mph is a must!! So as for what "brand" to use, There are pistons available for these cars from either company, just under a different application.
Its safe to say that I have done homework with this, as I did for the L's that helped MOST all other owners. Many, many, good folks paved the way for what you know ****......

Basically...thanks for the concern, I did not say " My 6 will beat your L" did I?? NO!! So relax dude....your way too stressed or something You jumped the gun, and spoke without knowing more facts, or even the 3.8.

If I wants to build a fast 6, who are you to tell me, or thousands of others that its a stupid or a bad idea. Your problem was, you posted when you should not have.

There's no reason this thread should re-surface. This is a L board, not a L -vs- 6 board.
Some of you are seriously too old, or too uptight to listen to anything different. And thats cool...its the goold ole' USA my firnds, and I or you could do what you choose !!

THE GREEK

Old 07-30-2002 | 05:17 PM
what do you think grand national's and syclones and typhoon's are?

The V6 with the proper mods can be a deadly force when built up properly.

Just as a 4 cylinder rice burner with the right mods can run circles around a pimped out L.

Anything can be fast, all that matters is one thing?

MONEY!

Last edited by RTKILLA; 07-30-2002 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-30-2002 | 05:26 PM
Originally posted by RTKILLA
what do you think grand national's and syclones and typhoon's are?

The V6 with the proper mods can be a deadly force when built up properly.

Just as a 4 cylinder rice burner with the right mods can run circles around a pimped out L.

Anything can be fast, all that matters is one thing?

MONEY!
well yeah I know...........but I guess what I meant was that I hadn't seen any FORD V6 do much before...........I was well aware of the GN's, SY's, TY's and 4-bangers, etc..............u just don't see too many V6 Mustang Hot Rods out there; that was my point.....sorry, just clearing that up

JC

Old 07-30-2002 | 05:30 PM
Flying ****

You know whats funny

There's tons of people that think L owners are crazy for modding our trucks to make them fast when they just see them as plywood hauling trucks.

So I ask you this, how can you pick on someone for being different when you yourself own one of the most Controversial vehicles ever produced? What if someone ask you why in the world would you want to have a fast truck when you can have a 4.6 mustang that can be allot faster for allot cheaper?

WHO CARES WHAT ANYONE LIKES!!!

Don't make me get out of control defending my greek brother (by marrige, I'm a whop)?

Old 07-30-2002 | 05:34 PM
Originally posted by MiamiWhiteSVT-L

well yeah I know...........but I guess what I meant was that I hadn't seen any FORD V6 do much before...........I was well aware of the GN's, SY's, TY's and 4-bangers, etc..............u just don't see too many V6 Mustang Hot Rods out there; that was my point.....sorry, just clearing that up

JC
I didn't mean to rant on you, that was an accident. sorry.

Old 07-30-2002 | 08:24 PM
Show me another 4.6L or 5.0 with the same old bolt-ons... <yawn>

Show me a Mustang with something different, maybe a blown six, or a N/A six with some *****, and you've got my interest. It takes a little creativity to come up with stuff like the 11 sec Caravans of the world.

It's not about who's fastest, else I wouldn't be driving around in my 4800lb brick. We'd all be driving ratted out 5.0 Mustangs and 5.7L Camaros, with bolt-ons paid for by the money we saved on our mullet haircuts.

Viva la difference...(whatever the hell that means)

Old 07-30-2002 | 08:29 PM
Every time I start my truck I say a lil prayer thanking God for people like Spiro who made it all possible. *quickly averts eyes due to intimidation*

Old 08-01-2002 | 08:23 PM
Suspended For Violation of Vendor Rules
Any of the 3.8 mustang guys can put in the FORGED STEEL SUPERCOUPE CRANK that costs ~600. That thing is bulletproof.

As for the boost... get real, 11psi is nothing.

forged internals... 4.2 users can use 351 rods with a tad shaving to fit.

JE, ROSS, and WIESCO all make FORGED pistons for the 3.8/4.2 (both have the same bore). ROSS has some wrist pins that are VERY stout to a stock pin.

Morana racing has some specialty items that make the engines stonger, one being a windage tray with main cap girdle.

I know of 23 supercharged PUSHROD V6's that are at 11psi and above.

7 of them having 11psi for 60,000 miles now. Don't believe me... spend some time at v6power.net

Really Flyin-**** doesn't know anything about our v6's. he is one of those V8 ONLY guys who think V6's are a waste of time.

I know of a few 3.8 Mustangs that are in the upper 11's.

Old 08-01-2002 | 08:28 PM
Suspended For Violation of Vendor Rules
also forgot to add...

There are two T3/T4 TURBO kits available to the 3.8 mustang crowd

as well as Vortech, Powerdyne, ATI Procharger kits for the 3.8.

I've heard roumers of a ATI procharger 11psi Kit for the 4.2 F-150. With my current mods, and the blower I will be 13.8-13.9's. With a Powertrax no slip, and slicks I will be 13.5's. Heads, cam, intakes, and built block will be on to handle 13PSI and I will be in the 12's. This is my goal I have exactly 1 year to make it.

btw, the design of our engines is based on the 302/351... they are NOT modular engines doofus!

Last edited by Talleywacker; 08-02-2002 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-01-2002 | 08:33 PM
HeY Spiro,
When you gonna have that stang together, I would love to see her run.

Last edited by GalaxyEng; 08-01-2002 at 08:57 PM.

Quick Reply: procharged 6banger stang vs. lightning?