Lightning

To order an '03 or not to order an '03?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002 | 09:26 PM
|
Question To order an '03 or not to order an '03?

That is the question...

I am excited about the new sonic blue color, very eager to see what it should look like on the truck. I love it on the focus and cobra, but an L may be a different story.

however, regardless weather I choose blue or red, I don't want to sink a bunch of money into an '03 model (don't forget to cost off all the MANDATORY mods!)

only to be outdone and outdated and outstyled by ford when the new trucks come out (in '04?).

opinions?

later,
chris

Last edited by superfords; 07-28-2002 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-28-2002 | 09:49 PM
The thing is will you be able to wait? I myself would wait and see what the prices will be on the 04'. If there is an 04' with the new body style, i think it will be late in the body year. Ford is always late with the new svt vehicles.

Old 07-28-2002 | 10:00 PM
You cant sit back and wait to see whats coming out next year. You'll never get anything if you did that. There are always going to be changes. Some will be subtle(grills, wheels, etc) and other will be substantial(horsepower increase). You just have to jump in with both feet, buy a truck, and ride it out. I bought a '99 when they first came out and decided enough changes were made by '02, so I traded.

I highly doubt that SVT will bring out a Lightning model as soon as they change the F150 body style. They usually wait a couple of years after the body style change. Actually I'm quite pissed off that they are still making the Gen2 lightnings!!!! There are sooo many of them now that it takes the exclusivity out of owning an SVT vehicle. Ford got themselves a HOT seller and they're RIDING it out at the expense of SVT owners. Its all about the MIGHTY DOLLAR

My suggestion to you is buy an '03 Lightning. I'm almost positive you'll be as happy with yours as I am with my '02. Who knows, you might get one of the last Gen2 trucks and have a real collectible on your hands.

Jason

Old 07-28-2002 | 10:01 PM
|
yeah, I have become patient in my old age, besides that right now I can buy 2002 explorers at 0% interest. that plus D-plan is hard to beat, I could always drive one of those for a year and wait and see what turns up with the L.

too many decisions...

the truth is that I'd much rather have an L, but If I knew what the new ones were going to look like it'd be easier to wait if I new I was waiting for something good...you know what I mean?

Old 07-28-2002 | 10:04 PM
Go for an 02 True Blue! You won't be unhappy you got it! =]

-Mike

Quick Reply: To order an '03 or not to order an '03?