Lightning

ROUSH fans, please help with decision making...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow ROUSH fans, please help with decision making...

Lightning guys should have the best opinion on this thats why I didn't post it in any other forum, I'm pretty certain the other F-series guys will say Stock is Better... lol

ok, I got an e-mail today from ROUSH saying they're cleaning out the shop and need to get rid of 6 left over bumpers and 25 rear spoilers from the Cobra Vic they made for Bondurant school (now that the school doesn't use Fords no more, they have no use for hte parts)

this is what they look like on the car:

Now they are selling them for their cost and aren't making a profit on them, and offer free shipping... but $450 for the front bumper and $375 for the rear spoiler is still a little more than I can afford.

I'm dead set however on getting that front bumper so I just wanted to hear a few opinions from you guys... by the way if you have friends that are looking to put ground effects on their Vics (*since there is absolutely nothing offered out there) this is a great place to start! What do you think?

--Russ

PS. its either the stupid bumper or the exhaust, what are your thoughts on this aspect? thanks!

Old 07-29-2002, 04:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Russ-------I think that front bumper is sharp If I had a Vic and your money, the bumper and rear wing would be on its way to Jersey

Old 07-29-2002, 05:41 PM
Talking

I'm not sure what money you're refering to... must be nice to have some laying around...I certainly don't have any! (D'oh!) but that front bumper is almost on the way to Jersey... I think the exhaust will wait.

--Russ

Old 07-29-2002, 06:15 PM
I think it looks nice on a Vic IMO. I say go for it.

-Mike

Old 07-29-2002, 08:23 PM
DUDE, it looks tough.........I LIKE!!!

Go for it!!

JC

Old 07-29-2002, 08:58 PM
hey jerzey, haven't seen ya in the HD forum in a while. ANyway, i say go for it while you have the chance for that price. The exhaust can wait. Good luck, let us know if you get it.

Old 07-29-2002, 09:13 PM
Talking

Hey guys, thanks!

I'm e-mailing Roush tomorrow and reserving one!

Buying them isn't really a problem, just gotta send them cash...

Hiding the big *** box in the garage or basement when it arrives from the parents before I put it on the car, will prove rather difficult! they'll be sure to kill me for it, lol but I want it badly enough!

--Russ

Old 07-29-2002, 11:33 PM
I like, go for it dude.

And if worse comes to worse I'm sure you could hide the box at someone elses house. I'm sure Bruce has enough room, just be carefull, it may end up on the LTD

Old 07-29-2002, 11:46 PM
yea Pete, if worst comes to worst I can always re-sell it for more, there were only 12 of these ever made, LOL

by the way, this is where they conceived the idea from:

and thats what it should look like on any of my White Vics...

highly resembles an extra step to get to the engine compartment, or if you look from the front it looks like a big smile with dimples, that screams at you: "KISS ME FOOL!" lol, I'll be scraping my driveway with it every time I try to pull in... hehe! I'm getting it by the end of this week!

--Russ

Old 07-30-2002, 05:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by captainoblivious
I like, go for it dude.

And if worse comes to worse I'm sure you could hide the box at someone elses house. I'm sure Bruce has enough room, just be carefull, it may end up on the LTD
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 07-30-2002, 05:47 AM
Banned
Bob dumped fords at his driving school? What did he replace them with and WHY the hell did he do such a thing?

Old 07-30-2002, 11:59 AM
someone posted a whole article on this break up a while ago on the Crown Vic boards, but I'm starting to think that the article was false.

just went on www.bondurant.com and there's nothing but fords there.... the only vehicle offered for racing....

weird.
--Russ

Old 07-30-2002, 02:10 PM
Sorry guys, but I really think that front bumper is pretty stinky lookin'. It kinda reminds me of a sucker-fish I once caught on the mississippi or those Chevron cars that were on the comercials. The only thing I can say it sort of reminds me of is that Torino that Ford Racing did back in the 60's with the long pointed nose. I didn't think that was all that cool either. I think the Vic looks great all by its self. Maybe a well thought out back spoiler, though.

Old 07-30-2002, 02:34 PM
I think it looks pretty sweet, I say get it!!!

Quick Reply: ROUSH fans, please help with decision making...