Lightning

SRT-10 update

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by tliss
We'll be showing them taillights all day and will only be looking at that ugly thing in our rear view.

Tom

Riiiiiight...you keep thinking that...maybe then it will come true.

Old 07-30-2002, 01:16 PM
I doubt ill ever see one anyway. Thing will be far too much $$

Old 07-30-2002, 01:19 PM
Be real! Do you really think these things will be able to keep planted when launching, if they even come to market withe the present package? They'll break loose a hell of a lot more often than the Lightning does. By the time these things get traction the Lightning will be half way down the track.

Old 07-30-2002, 01:19 PM
I don't see what the big deal is until it actually hits the streets.

Old 07-30-2002, 01:32 PM
That or they'll have to feather the crap out of the clutch. And I can't imagine it will be a short throw shifter, missing shifts will be easy I'm sure. I used to really be pro manual, but the L made me realize how much I like the stomp n' go performance over the "should I shift yet" mentality

I'm not really scared nor laid back about them coming out. It will be nice to wonder if I'm gonna lose against "that truck coming up on the left".

Old 07-30-2002, 01:41 PM
Can't say I care. Speed is nice when you need it, but the ladies like good looks. That's whats important. Never had a single girl ask me what was under the hood of any of my cars.(or trucks). As long as it looks good, you look good, and she looks good in it, that's all that matters. HP is for impressing the boys, not the ladies. That dodge will be raking in the trailer park treasures, & that's just fine with me, less of 'em to mow through on the way to quality 'tang. LOL Best of luck to the dodge boys. Can they get from a to b faster....maybe...but we look soooo much better doing it. Man, we make this sport-truck sh*t look good!

Old 07-30-2002, 01:47 PM
Old 07-30-2002, 01:53 PM
someone on the Mopar list posted this in response to that pic/article:

First off, We have not begun to build ANY SRT -10 Rams yet. Corporate has not even decided which plant they will use when they get ready to build them. Latest info is it could be Warren Truck plant or St.Louis North. Both plants have the capability to do it. Secondly there has been NO decision on the price or total content of this vehicle, some want to offer it only as a completely loaded unit while some of us are sticking to a more modest level of equipment for price purposes. At any rate do not expect this truck before next May or June at the earliest. Also keep your eyes open for an R/T version of the Ram 1500 with the Hemi, it will be a real affordable alternative

Old 07-30-2002, 01:54 PM
even if they don't use the bumper and grille, the wheels which are the one thing thats supposed to be so cool is the ugliest thing on that truck.

I bet you guys everyone who buys that hunk of mopar crap will change the wheels right away.

the bed needs to be a flareside like the L's for more style and I'll be suprised to see a SRT-10 with all these alloy parts and stuff for a price tag even some what close to the L.

to each his own I guess.

Old 07-30-2002, 03:15 PM
lol !

Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning
It's like a Big Fat Ugly Girl, you'll only ride it when your friends aren't around
R0b ! where have you been man ! we need to hook up and go to the car show one time when your free ! and yes this truck is *** fugly !!!!!

Quick Reply: SRT-10 update