Lightning

Anyone have pics of painted side mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002 | 01:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally posted by slapshot
If anyone wants just the new 01/02 covers, fordpartsonline.com has them for about $40 each already painted. I heard they are a minor P.I.T.A. to change though. I think it would cost more than that to have someone paint them for you if you couldn't do it yourself.
I just a new set of glamor caps from Gary at Fordpartsonline, and he said that they are now not painted, and they were 20.70 each. He had said that Ford stopped painting them, and just made them in the need to be painted ABS black plastic.

Just so you know I got a set of the flashmirrors ( ones with the turn signal in the front like a mercedes ) in silver to match my truck.

This is a cover for the whole mirror head ( you remove the glamor cap and drill behind the head to make room for the signal ), and in silver they looked like 2 eggs hanging on the truck. Also the signal did not look that good to me on the front, kind of ricer like.

BTW this did not cover the wing on the mirror, but the remainder of the mirror was silver, that maybe part of the problem with it looking egg like. ( nothing like the phototshop pic above ).

Last edited by SSCULLY; 08-01-2002 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-31-2002 | 10:29 PM
I did this on my Black 99..My buddy around the corner is a painter for Ford dealership...I give him stuff and he does his thing..sprays my stuff whenever he is sprayin` that color...

I would like to see anything other than black....with the lower part of the mirror color matched and then leave the black to flow with the tint or not tinted window lines....I think it would look much better..or just paint that part in a black gloss....They look almost to bulky done completely in anything other than black....
SomeOne..please give this a shot in photoshop..or whatever...I Think My silver one`s are in for a respray...

Rushing out to buy core exchange mirror mounts..and all the lightning colors...You heard it hear first. If I can Cut a deal we may be gazillionairs soon enough...He owns a white 01. Has a wicked flag sprayed on his hood bug spoiler..been meaning to post that pic.....Let's see..customized bug gaurds.....dam....I`ll be rich.

Last edited by Twisted99; 07-31-2002 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-31-2002 | 11:57 PM
Originally posted by SSCULLY

I just a new set of glamor caps from Gary at Fordpartsonline, and he said that they are now not painted, and I think they were like 23.00 each. He had said that Ford stopped painting them, and just made them in the need to be painted ABS black plastic.

Just so you know I got a set of the flashmirrors ( ones with the turn signal in the front like a mercedes ) in silver to match my truck.

This is a cover for the whole mirror head ( you remove the glamor cap and drill behind the head to make room for the signal ), and in silver they looked like 2 eggs hanging on the truck. Also the signal did not look that good to me on the front, kind of ricer like.

BTW this did not cover the wing on the mirror, but the remainder of the mirror was silver, that maybe part of the problem with it looking egg like. ( nothing like the phototshop pic above ).
Ahhhhh, crap, it figures I waited too long.

Oh well.....

Old 08-01-2002 | 01:09 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally posted by slapshot

Ahhhhh, crap, it figures I waited too long.

Oh well.....

I thought the same thing...they were 20.70 each, I dug out the reciept and checked.
Oh well..having them painted this weekend with a run of black tailgate handles. I decided to go with the all black on the mirror.
All silver was way too much to look at.

Old 08-01-2002 | 09:50 AM
grill ??

Originally posted by speedfreak
Loosebolt, If your talking about painting the stockers, here's how mine came out.

that's the Trenz billet grill right.........is that brushed or polished?

Old 08-01-2002 | 06:12 PM
tber

I actually got it from this place, Dr. Vinyl. Not sure what brand it was, but it was only about $180 for polished upper and lower grilles.

http://www.drvinylusa.com/billet_gri...letgrilles.htm

Old 08-01-2002 | 06:21 PM
I would just do some new street scence mirrors and get rid of the mickey mouse ears all together.

Quick Reply: Anyone have pics of painted side mirrors?