Lightning

Chip ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002 | 10:38 PM
|
Chip ?

I have heard stories about trucks not starting or shuting off while driving due to chip working its way loose? Are all the diff chips prone to this or do some fit better than others?

Old 07-30-2002 | 10:50 PM
Im not sure if its due to a certain make of chip, but I have the DiabloSport Delta-Chip, and it seems to fit just fine, been in for over a month, and I drive the truck everyday. Never a problem with it.

-Mike

Old 07-31-2002 | 07:58 AM
Working loose can happen once in a while but it is not a 'common' problem. I had one break contact even though I had taped it to the PCM--turned out to be faulty chip contacts and the tuner replaced it. If you clean the contacts(PCM) properly, insert whichever chip you are using firmly making sure the contacts line up,form the rear lip of the inside PCM bracket away from the chip(although, I have never had to do this--some do), use good Duct tape to secure the chip to the PCM, and reinstall the black, nylon PCM clip(holds the PCM to its bracket at the rear), you shouldn't have any "shaking loose" problems.

Don't deny yourself the 'rush' a chip can give you...........get one--or three, like I did .

Dan

Quick Reply: Chip ?