Lightning

My Bassani Install Shananagans

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002 | 12:46 AM
|
My Bassani Install Shananagans

Might I first start off by saying, I love the Bassani sound, and it was worth every minute of my 5 hour install time.

I'm sure I don't have to explain taking the old exhaust off to some of you guys. Those orange hangars are quite a tough job to remove. Once I got that done, I started installing the bassani, piece by piece. It was all fine and dandy until I got to tightening the mufflers onto the x-pipe. I found that no amount of torque I could exert on a 1.5' breaker bar could tighten the clamps enough to stop the mufflers from sliding off. So I cut up a soup can and clamped around some tin and the mufflers, which eventually clamped well. I cranked her up and she sounded great. Once on the road, it sounded even better, at the first wot I blew the xpipe off and it was clangin on the ground. So much for those clamps. After I went and got some ubolt clamps, it all went together and stayed together. It's a wonder why they don't just give you these to start?

Anyway, so that would've been the end of the story, but an hour later I was driving to a car show, and someone decided to leave a 10lb dumbell weight in the middle of the road. So wouldn't you know it, I was in the middle of a lane change looking back when I hit it. It kicked up, dented the hell out of the beautiful bassani tips, and pushed them back hard enough to crack the molding as well as dislodge both main hangars. I basically muscled it all back in place, and reattached the hangars at the show.

Luckily the tips are dented far enough up the tip that they don't show unless you look under the truck. It still sounds kick a$$, and once I readjust the tips it will look kick a$$ again as well.

My suggestion if you're getting this. Go and get 2 1/2" u bolt clamps before even starting the install, or as someone else suggested, use the ones from the stock exhaust.

I am posting pics in about 2 minutes. I will try to get a sound clip up in the next day or two.

Old 07-31-2002 | 12:47 AM
|
Old 07-31-2002 | 12:48 AM
|
Old 07-31-2002 | 12:50 AM
|
Old 07-31-2002 | 12:50 AM
The bassani i had came with u-bolts. I got it around 3 months ago. Then sold it.

Old 07-31-2002 | 12:51 AM
|
Stupid 1 minute delay, I couldnt be quick enough....

And one for fun

Old 07-31-2002 | 02:04 PM
That's some funny chit!! On a serious note though, that setup looks killer.
Jeff

Old 07-31-2002 | 02:16 PM
Rest In Peace
animal
Great choice i love my Bassani cat back best sound there is until i heard my new set up hehe. JDM SS LongTube Headers and High Flow Cats to my Bassani Cat Back. The Sound is just plain sick it sounds like a wild animal and i swear its about 10 times louder then the Bassani cat back and that was loud i love it . On a side note im pretty sure that my cat back came with u-bolts as i never seen those clamps you have before. Also heres a word of good advice the Bassani black hangers are ***** throw them out. Use the stock Ford orange hangers. Jim at JDM told me he always gets people in saying that their exhuast is rattling and its the Bassani hangers they rip. When my exhuast was done last Thursday i had a few that were ripped and or ripping.

Old 07-31-2002 | 02:31 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour

one of the funniest pics in quite a while... LOL!!!

Old 07-31-2002 | 02:38 PM
The Bassani Exhaust looks good, im thinkinga bout adding it sometime soon to my L

Quick Reply: My Bassani Install Shananagans