Lightning

Looking at a Belltech 3/4...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at a Belltech 3/4...

Is the 3/4 pretty standard? Was wondering if anyone that has one installed could point me to some pics, so I could see it on the L first. Seems like a pretty steep drop, but would look SWEET.

How much trouble are they to install? Something I should attempt myself, or is it worth the money to pay someone to do it?

TIA-

Chris

Old 07-31-2002, 01:42 PM
Chris, I have the Chassis Tech 3/4 drop, but it's the same as the Bell Tech. Made a world of difference in the appearance and handling. Night and day. The front install is a piece of cake, the springs pop right out. The back is a major pain in the ***. You have to grind, drill, chisel or cut the rivets off of the front leaf spring hangers. If I had to do it again I would have rented a plasma cutter. If you have the time and air tools it can be done. If you have a reputable shop nearby that could do the work you might want to check it out. You also want to get new shorter front and rear end links. Shocks have to be considered also. I still have my Bilsteins but I might switch to and adjustable shock soon. Good luck!!
Jeff

Old 07-31-2002, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the reply, Jeff. Kinda figured it would be a little more difficult than it looked.

I'll check around, we have several shops in the area (DFW). See what the price would be to install.

Thanks again-

Chris

Old 07-31-2002, 09:45 PM
heres a 3/4 drop with 20's.

Old 07-31-2002, 10:04 PM
I wish I had the extra dough to buy the wheels and drop mine....
Hell It ought to be against the law to sell them or drive them on the roads if they don`t look like this....but I always have been a scofflaw.

Quick Reply: Looking at a Belltech 3/4...