Lightning

Any clear close-up pics of steering stops?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any clear close-up pics of steering stops?

I am greasing my steering stops today, have the clank on turning. Asked over at nloc, and got a pic, but was very small and blurry. Does anyone have a larger clear pic of steering stops? Possibly one with a circle of what I am supposed to grease? Thank you. Also, what type of grease did you use? Thanx again.

Old 07-31-2002, 01:42 PM
Re: Any clear close-up pics of steering stops?

Originally posted by frgetit
I am greasing my steering stops today, have the clank on turning. Asked over at nloc, and got a pic, but was very small and blurry. Does anyone have a larger clear pic of steering stops? Possibly one with a circle of what I am supposed to grease? Thank you. Also, what type of grease did you use? Thanx again.
I too did this. But it only lasted till it rained. Under the front wheels you'll see on the back side a ... stop (no other word) that looks a little worn. Its not a bolt or anything attached, it's just there. About the size of a wine cork. Mine looked rusted steel, about 3/4" dia. 1" long.

Hope that helps.

Old 07-31-2002, 04:11 PM
Thanx, guess I'll just crawl under there & giver her a look. Bought multipurpose grease from valvoline. Hope it lasts longer than one rainy day or one washing!! That would suck!

Old 07-31-2002, 09:20 PM
USE A WATER PROOF GREASE!!!!

I would use a water proof grease, Something like a high vacuum silicone grease a parts store might have it and a pool store definately will they use it on the or rings for valves and pumps ect
stuff is great lasts a long time

hope this helps

Slick

Quick Reply: Any clear close-up pics of steering stops?