Lightning

big big problems kind of long

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002 | 02:31 PM
|
well i just got a call from the dealer. teh engine is going to be there monday so wish me luck i hope everything goes ok. and do u think i should watch them do it or just trust them
well take care

Old 08-02-2002 | 02:41 PM
Did you say something about selling it for more than you paid? if so - dump it and pick up another (newer!)

Old 08-02-2002 | 05:59 PM
|
well i paid 22900 and im pretty sure i can get more for it since i got a brand new engine. When i was shopping for lightnings, this one dealer was selling a 2000 lightning for 28888 and would not lower the price even tho we were going to pay cash. so i think i can at least get like 25 i think
well thanks

Old 08-02-2002 | 06:27 PM
Ahhh There is ALLWAYS a reason that a particular car/truck is sold for less than others like it in that particular area. I've have past experience's on this subject.

Most of the time in Life you get exactly what you pay for.

It pained me greatly to pay $29k for my new one as I've never spent over $16k for a car before in my life. But after seeing 1-2 year old used ones still under warrenty sell for widely varying prices ($21k - $28k). And reading online about people having trannys and motors go at very low milages? I just bit the bullit and PAID.

(Since I tend to drive like a grandpa on his way to the barber shop)
Now I know exactly what I have, where it's been, and never have to "worry" about what I bought being messed up by the previous owner/owners.
Who knows? Maybe it'll last for 150K with no problems or blow up on the way home tonight? But at least It's now under my control from the first day and I've got a really good fighting chance at a long life.

WOT

Old 08-02-2002 | 08:56 PM
|
see the thing is they guy i bought it from took very good care for it he was an old guy like 50 or 60 and he wanted to see fast so he can get a zo6 so i think my truck was well taken care of and i just think teh engine is just jacked oh well i guess im getting a new one

Quick Reply: big big problems kind of long