Lightning

Pro Sport Tonneau... Any Problems???

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pro Sport Tonneau... Any Problems???

I am thinking about finally ordering a Pro Sport Tonneau cover, but I dont know what the quality is like. I have heard people that like it, and i just read chikenears response that he canceled the order and sent it back cause it did not fit right. What is the overall concencus on this? Was it just the one bad cover that Tim got? Or should i be worried about the quality of it? That is a lot of money to spend and not be happy with something. How is th paint? Does the color match perfectly, and is it a GOOD qulity paint job. Thanx for any help...

--Justin

Old 08-03-2002, 05:29 PM
The short time I had the truck with the cover on it I loved it. The fit was perfect and it looked great. I would say go for it...

Old 08-03-2002, 05:38 PM
Thumbs up

Go for it...No problems here. Paint matched perfect, fit was rite on the money. I have nothing but good things to say about mine.

Old 08-03-2002, 06:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It does seem as Chikenears was the only one to have fit/finish problems with the Pro-Sport. I was going to purchase one, but decided to remain soft covered

Old 08-05-2002, 03:11 PM
Actually I had the problem of the core being off center. It was easy to fix after they told me how. I was a little upset that I had to do this, but after I got it on the truck fixed, I was very happy with the look. Also, I found it to be very practical especially with the bed rug. One thing though, the locking mechanism if very cheap. One time, I accidently was able to lift open the top while it was locked. The arms on the locks bent easily. But, so far I am content with it. The paint job was ok, though it did match very well. Also the "wing" is very useful when lifting and lower. But I do feel that it does not have a 'good' fit compared to some other brands. So if I ever find a similar looking cover with a better construction and fit on the L, I would immediately upgrade, but for now I will keep what I got.

BTW, you can order it without the decals.

esche

Old 08-05-2002, 03:49 PM
Justin,

All I can say beyond what I've already said is this; If you had seen mine, you would not order one.

BTW, the paint matched pretty good for silver and the finish of the fiberglass had a few small flaws. Overall, I would give the paint and fiberglass *outer* finish an 8 out of 10. I'm sure some of the other colors match perfect, silver is a biotch.

Who knows, with yours being silver, they might send you mine
I hope not.

Tim

Quick Reply: Pro Sport Tonneau... Any Problems???