Lightning

02 hd on 400/500 club

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrats

Nice numbers, especially for the heat down here. I also have a chip tuned by Willie. If i am not mistaken Johnny Lightning conferences with Wille for his race tunes. Just something to thing to think about

Old 08-05-2002, 10:53 AM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
Originally posted by Flying ****

Then that explains it He is hands down the best tuner in the country, not to mention has tuned something like 15,000+ vehicles.

My tuner is supposed to be getting willie out here for a 10 car dyno session. My truck included.
So you will know, you may wish to make sure Willie knows how to turn off Torque Reduction. I'm not sure if he knew how when I last asked him to help me do it (just a couple of weeks ago) and he told me to let Patrick help me with it, which he did w/out a hitch.

They also had issues w/ raising the rev limiter on the '02s, but Patrick and I worked through that as well.

Take care

Last edited by BfB; 08-05-2002 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:17 PM
Banned
Originally posted by BfB

So you will know, you may wish to make sure Willie knows how to turn off Torque Reduction. I'm not sure if he knew how when I last asked him to help me do it (just a couple of weeks ago) and he told me to let Patrick help me with it, which he did w/out a hitch.

They also had issues w/ raising the rev limiter on the '02s, but Patrick and I worked through that as well.

Take care
Why would i want torque reduction off? Im going with a Valve Body anyhow and i dont want the tranny program altered anymore. As it is, they set my shifts high and screwed with the line pressure, im not to happy about it. Im hoping that the torque reduction was left on. Judging by your comments, it might be. But then again, it was a .bin file my tuner downloaded from them.. So im up in arms here.

I had posed the question a few weeks ago on this board about peoples opinions on tranny mods via chip. Majority pretty much agreed leave the line pressure alone and drop the shift points down to 5200, esp when i throw the pulley on there.

Quick Reply: 02 hd on 400/500 club