Lightning

I hate this dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 07:04 PM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do you want a part back they may be broken? Regardless if it's not broken, you are not entitled to it. You signed an agreement stating certain situations apply when warranty work is done. But, if you want the smell of raw fuel on your shelf, then keep on fightning.

Old 08-05-2002, 07:32 PM
Gator,
I didn't get a rental. I sat at home all weekend. The best way I can describe it....y'all ever have the power go out and you are sitting there in the dark and think to yourself, "Damn, this sucks....ah well, I guess I will watch tv til the power comes back on" Then it hits you...Damn, no power=no tv. Well, I was sitting at home moping, thinking, "Damn, this sucks, ah well, guess I will just go out for a drive to take my mind off of it." Made it half way to the door twice. *sigh*

BfB,
I wanted to see it and see if I could see what Sal and Gatey have been talking about regarding that Y Clamp. I wanted to actually see what caused my truck to do what it did. Then they tried 20 questioning me about why I would want to see the part. What the hell difference does it make? I want to see it. Thats all. Thats it. What's the problem here? Now I want the part.

CA

Old 08-05-2002, 08:08 PM
I am sorry that you feel bad Darlin'. I wish I could care you out for a bite to eat and make you feel better.
I usually hit the back roads and drink some cold beer when I feel down.

Sorry,
Justin

P.S. I notice your only a few years older then me.

Old 08-05-2002, 08:44 PM
Hopefully you hit the back roads, come home and THEN drink the beer hehehehe

No harm done. More frustration than anything. I guess I am just used to being totally spoiled by my dealership. I loved that. No matter what the problem was, Sean always took care of it or Steve Martindale. They were a good bunch. Should give lessons if ya ask me. Wish it was as simple as putting the truck on a hauler and having it taken into Denver for service. But then I would surely go insane.

Justen (Burninout101) and I were talking and we think that the trucks hold a grudge when you mentioning the possibility of trading them in. His did the same exact thing when he was looking around for a new Cobra. Coincidence? Or Psychic Phenomenon? hehe I think I spelled that wrong. Anyhow, going to pick my baby up in just a few minutes. I missed her a lot. Finally got my PIN from Ford, waiting to hear from JR about the True Blue in Tucson.

But JD it's too bad you aren't here. We coulda gone out and had a beer.

CA

Last edited by WhiteLightninSVTGirl; 08-05-2002 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-05-2002, 08:49 PM
Re: I hate this dealership...

Originally posted by WhiteLightninSVTGirl
Anybody know why they won't give me my fuel pump assy.?.... UGH. I am currently in a battle to get my busted part back. I paid for the damn truck and everything on it. I want it back. I also paid for the damn ESP and 100.0 deductible to have it fixed, so what the hell is the damn problem?

CA
like you said, you paid for your truck and everything on it. you didn't pay for any extra fuel pumps did you? how many do you think you deserve to get with your truck purchase?

The part has to be turned in to the parts department in case ford or the esp company (which may also be ford) calls for it to be sent back to them for inspection. they may want to inspect it to verify that it really was bad, or they may want to inspect it to figure out a way to make it better to prevent it from failing in the future, or they may want it back to verify that it was ever even replaced in the first place.

If parts weren't sent back, then who is to say that they ever got replaced in the first place? the technician or the dealership could just charge Ford for unlimited parts and charge ford for installing them when it never really happened. get it? business a little slow? so what just pretend to fix some cars and charge ford or the ESP, how else would they ever know if any thing was even done?

one last thing, if you blew up your motor and they replaced it for you would you expect to get your old one back too? it is just a warranty part right?

later,
chris

Old 08-05-2002, 08:55 PM
Actually, yeah, I just might want the motor if it blew. How the hell am I supposed to know that they did anything with the fuel pump? Are the parts distributors the ones who get stuck on the highway in MY truck when the parts in it don't work? HELL NO. Who is more likely to get screwed here by not ever seeing the part that supposedly caused the problem? Me or Ford? Sorry, hate to break it to ya tough nuts, but certain dealerships just don't have the reputation of being honest. And did I pay for the fuel pump AND the replacement? You're damn right I did. I didn't buy a truck that had cut-corner, half-assed assembly parts. If I wanted that, I would have bought a damn Chevy. And I didn't drop 1500 on an ESP for it to do me absolutely no damn good. So....yeah...maybe your opinion differs from mine. Let's just hope you don't deal with some of the BS that has been known to happen at less than honest dealerships.
CA

How many fuel pumps do I think I deserve? Give me a damn break...How about as many as it takes for my truck to run the way a truck and company that relies on a slogan like "QUALITY IS JOB ONE" takes....

Last edited by WhiteLightninSVTGirl; 08-05-2002 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whew Hope your truck is fine after you pick it up tonight. And if your having drinks with somebody out-of-state.......well you know who it better be Now, sweet dreams, kido
Note to truck Iam not thinking about trading you in

Quick Reply: I hate this dealership...