Lightning

I hate this dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate this dealership...

If you live in AZ, never, ever.....ever, ever, ever take your ride to Sunset Ford in Peoria on Bell. They are evil. Anybody know why they won't give me my fuel pump assy.? OH I BET I KNOW WHY...maybe it's because there was nothing wrong wth the whole assy. it was just the Y clamp like everybody said and they charged Ford the whole 500.00 to replace the entire thing. UGH. I am currently in a battle to get my busted part back. I paid for the damn truck and everything on it. I want it back. I also paid for the damn ESP and 100.0 deductible to have it fixed, so what the hell is the damn problem?

CA

Old 08-05-2002, 01:09 PM
Rest In Peace
CA
Dealers just plain $UCK. Its either they are awesome and dont give you any problems or they always break ***** there is never no in between with them. Then one bad dealership experience makes you never ever want to go back to one. Its your part they owe it to you. When i use to work at my friends gas station he would always show the customer the broken part so they know that something really got changed.

This is for Sunset Ford

Old 08-05-2002, 01:38 PM
There used to be laws that required Service Depts to return parts at customer request. You might check

Doug

Old 08-05-2002, 02:08 PM
Any ideas where I would begin to check that information Dougy Doggie Dog?
CA

Old 08-05-2002, 02:08 PM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
not ot take away from your rant CA but if it was fixed under warranty, they generally don't let you keep the failed part in question.

I tried to fenagle one of my failed intercoolers from Cooter and Gomer. No luck.

Old 08-05-2002, 02:26 PM
I have a shelf full of parts that have been replaced under warranty. I will be adding my fuel pump assembly to it.
CA

Old 08-05-2002, 02:35 PM
Ford dealer service department are freaken two faced *****!

every time I get in touch with a local ford dealer they are out to *** rape everyone! however while my friend was installing my Steeda underdrive pulleys on my car and ran out of tools, the guys at that ford dealer were unreal, let us borrow any tools we needed (I know, unheard of... isn't it!)

maybe you should switch a dealer CA

--Russ

Old 08-05-2002, 02:51 PM
BOTH my dealerships back home were great. The one I bought the truck from gave me a little bit of trouble at one point but we reconciled and I was happy with the service. I heard bad things about this dealership but the truck NEEDED to get in. It was a last resort. I advised the manager that under no circumstances would I be bringing my truck back to their establishment. I am sure he is glad. Probably thinkin to himself "can't wait to get this b****'s truck outta here"
CA

Old 08-05-2002, 02:54 PM
Thanks a lot for the kind words everyone.

If esp participated in the repair, the parts have to be turned back in and sent to FCSD if called for.

Old 08-05-2002, 03:06 PM
If you paid for the new part, you own the old one. If they paid for it under warranty, they own the old one.

Old 08-05-2002, 03:26 PM
Like I said, just like ever other warranty repair I am taking this part with me.
CA

Old 08-05-2002, 03:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When the dealer does warrenty work, the failed part must be turned into the parts department. Both Ford and ESP companies most of the time will call the parts to be sent back to them. After all, they are paying to replace it, they have a right to see what failed, and most of the time they will use the failed part to determine if an update needs to be made for that part.

If you are not covered under warrenty, and have to pay for it yourself, then they have no use for the old part.

Many times you can get the parts back from the dealer, some parts departments will throw anything in the return box, even if it's not from the right vehicle. But the proper thing to do, is wait to see if the part gets called back, and if it doesn't you can have it, if you are freindly with your dealer.

Old 08-05-2002, 03:50 PM
I don't think ya'll understand.

Originally posted by WhiteLightninSVTGirl
Like I said, just like ever other warranty repair I am taking this part with me.
CA
That's all I have to say about this.....

Old 08-05-2002, 04:07 PM
Sal,
I've never had a problem with getting the parts before. Like I said though, I had a good relationship with both of my other dealerships.
CA

Old 08-05-2002, 04:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well aren't we a little uppty-up Got your truck fixed, had a rental to beat the chit out of.........AND NOW........you want your parts back! Who in the ***** told you to get your parts back? O yeah, I forgot, sorry
Still waiting for that return call....hehe

Quick Reply: I hate this dealership...