Lightning

Help with autometer 3 gauge pod please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002 | 02:12 PM
|
Question Help with autometer 3 gauge pod please!

Okay, I know this should be easy but: Does the new 3 gauge full pod install over the top of the OEM one? What are they plastic push pins for? Where do the plastic push pins go? Any help would be greatly apprechiated!
Ryan

Old 08-05-2002 | 03:25 PM
|
ttt

Old 08-05-2002 | 03:34 PM
Have some very bad news for you buddy...catch me on AOL IM= ElSpeedJunky and I'll explain.

Old 08-05-2002 | 03:37 PM
Smile

They are to mount the pod to the pillar. Drill six holes through both pieces. Then install pins. Here is a trick....take a piece off card board and put the pins in it . don't push them in all the way. then you can paint them to match the pillar. Hope this helps!
Graeme

Old 08-05-2002 | 04:16 PM
|
pin placement?

Where do you install the 6 pins 2 on top, 2 in the middle, 2 on the end? do you remove the factory a-pillar cover and then install the autometer, or do you install the autometer over top of the OEM? Thanks
Ryan

Old 08-05-2002 | 04:30 PM
SilverBullit,

There is no correct place to install the push pins. I just did mine last week and did the following:

Install Auto-Meter pillar pod over the factory A-pillar cover (make sure you have pulled the rubber door seal trim over both pillar covers which will hold them in place). Hold the Auto-Meter pillar in the position you want it and drill three holes (one towards the top, one in the middle and one towards the bottom) into the Auto-Meter pillar pod and through the stock A-pillar cover (don't go too deep and use a 3/16" bit). Make sure you hold the pillar covers tightly so all three holes line up when you're done. Take both of the pillar covers off and hold them together (matching the holes you've drilled in the outside portion) and drill three more holes on the "front" side (the side closest to the windshield) at the top, middle and bottom. As Midsouth mentioned, use a piece of cardboard to hold the push pins and paint the head of them to match the pillar cover (I'd suggest letting them dry for a day or two so you don't take a chance of messing up the paint on them).

That's it...

Dan

Old 08-05-2002 | 04:38 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
Ford also makes the pushpins that match our existing interior one's. Makes the pod look factory...

But, that's just what I think.

Old 08-05-2002 | 05:45 PM
|
Gentlemen, thank you for your help! I am going to do the install right now.
Ryan

Quick Reply: Help with autometer 3 gauge pod please!