Lightning

Fun Ford Weekend Finals In Ennis

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002 | 12:06 AM
|
Ok - So far we have racing, fellowship with like minded Lightning owners, BBQ in the pits, sweating like crazy in Texas heat, Tuning by JDM and perhaps LFP ( havent hard from him if he is coming ) and maybe others.

The FFW Finals in Ennis are shaping up to be a GOOD time. I will be right nxt to the track getting some good pictures of all the TOP TRUCK competitors so bring your butt to Ennis for the finals and we'll have a great weekend.

We still need to find a big parking lot in Ennis or Waxahachie with accessible 3-6 story building next to it for BIG A$$ group picture of all the lightnings Friday Night on the way to Dinner.

I will have plenty of SVTlightnings.com decals and 12 Second decals on hand and well try to get some of the new TALON decals as well.

Doug

Old 08-08-2002 | 12:42 AM
Former Sponsor
Alright I guess I will be there too.

Will be in Houston in first

Will be in Austin second

Will be in Dallas thrid

This will be a three week tour.

First week golf and the second week stakes and the third week will be racing.
What more could you ask for.

We will be increasing the size of the pit area to hold eighty trucks.

Last year there was nearly 60 trucks there.

Hope to see you there

Jim@JDM

Old 08-08-2002 | 10:13 AM
Sounds like ol' Jimmy still has his $h!t together. I would be a tired mo fo if I had to do that....exciting but tired.

Old 08-08-2002 | 01:01 PM
House of Speed will be out in full force as Waxahachie is my home town.....Look forward to the comraderie and the competition.

Old 08-08-2002 | 01:41 PM
I know that the JDM Top Truck Pit area is always a blast. Can't wait till the 10th and final FFW event of the year. Should be the biggest Lightning turn-out yet. We look forward to seeing old faces and meeting new ones.

Paul"Get-n-Go"Gamino
TT # 4785
Currently tied for second in TT points with Lupe Davilla. 3 more races to go.

Old 08-22-2002 | 04:12 PM
Doug,

Save room in the pits for Lightning Bob(and his truck too)! I have taken the time off, and made reservations in Waxahachie. Wish I could get down there a couple of weeks earlier to do some golfing myself, but that ain't gonna happen. Looking forward to meeting more of the Texas guys, and anyone else who can make it.

Lightning Bob

Old 08-23-2002 | 09:14 AM
I plan on being there. I'm new to Lightning ownership and looking forward to having a great time meeting you guys that have modded your trucks. I've been looking for some more info on FFW. Can anyone help me out with some links? I don't have the first clue where to go or what to do when I get there.

Old 08-23-2002 | 09:31 AM
Originally posted by NeedFourSpeed
Is it always windy and dusty at that track like last year? 'Twas a biit nippley too.
Yes it was and 20+mph head wind on the track too. In fact the last 3 years hasn't been very well, BUT this year in fact could be a good turnout in weather. The finals have always been in October and this year it will be 2 weeks earlier then before. I guess everyone figured out that the first weekend in Oct. wasn't the best time to have the finals.

Old 08-23-2002 | 03:03 PM
Justin -

I wasn't planning on coming this year...was thinking of doing Cordova. Half the distance. Now my work schedule is screwing up my plans for that so I just may try to make it.

Nothing like having to drive to another county to buy beer......and I thought Kansas was bass ackwards! One thing is for sure; I will make the trip to Ft. Worth for Joe T. Garcias!

Quick Reply: Fun Ford Weekend Finals In Ennis