Lightning

backfire noise???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002 | 02:05 PM
|
Question backfire noise???

Hey guys, I just had a quick question. Has anyone else ever experienced this?
When I was driving and I had my foot really mashed in the throttle, to pass an old couple driving way unde the speed limit in the high speed lane. It downshifted immediately into 2nd, and then when it shifted into 3rd, it sounded like a soft boom and sounded like a mild backfire of some sort. Then, when I was taking off from a stop light to change lanes extremely quickly, I initially went WOT and backed off the throttle just slightly and when it shifted into 2nd, it also made this same noise that sounded like a mild to light backfire. Has anyone else experienced this? What's causing it to do this? I don't remember hearing those noises before, but then it was extremely hot and humid yesterday. It doesn't seem to run any worse, although I know these trucks run rich.

Old 08-06-2002 | 02:26 PM
I had that noise explaned to me befor as exhaust pressure waves from the quick and rough varying of rpm's. Though, that's my only thought....

Old 08-06-2002 | 04:26 PM
i maybe wrong but I thought it was unburn fuel that passed back to the cats igniting... See it mostly when you back off quickly from WOT....

Q

Quick Reply: backfire noise???