Lightning

Sorry guys it not gonna be a cobra this time around.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miami WhiteL,guess I have

that 2 car garage you mentioned. 2kL & '95 Supra both red!

Old 08-08-2002, 12:29 PM
My favorite import! I have a buddy with a bone stock silver 97 w/ only 5k miles. It's a bad car stock, let alone after a few grand in mods.

Old 08-08-2002, 12:40 PM
Ugh... that muffler isn't stock, is it? Nice car... but that's the ugliest exhaust I've ever seen.

Old 08-08-2002, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys I am really excited about getting the car. My lightning sold at auction this morning for $26k so I am picking up the supra in atlanta tommorro night.

I paid a fair price for the car and the car will have a single turbo next spring.

Thanks,
Bob

PS . Jake email me if you have any info on the car other then what i already know..

bob-tompkins@***.net

Old 08-08-2002, 07:31 PM
Banned
Supras are very cool cars, Goodluck.

I dont think you can say 650 HP being reliable though, especially with a lot of boost. One tank of bad gas and call it done. Been there done that.

Old 08-08-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Flying ****
Supras are very cool cars, Goodluck.

I dont think you can say 650 HP being reliable though, especially with a lot of boost. One tank of bad gas and call it done. Been there done that.
Exactly - slight truths have gotten turned into flatout lies about how "reliable" 2JZ-GTE's can be. As far as Supras, I really hope you did pay a fair price. I predict the bottom is going to fall out SOON. Crank walk cases and other problems are starting to come out of the woodwork that up to this point have been well hidden.

Later,

Old 08-08-2002, 08:01 PM
Bob, Bob, Bob...

First off this is not svt girl, and I am disappointed. I just sold my 94 Single Turbo Supra. Don't get me wrong, it was a great car, and a blast to drive - but I would take the lightning over it any day. As many of you on the boards know, SVT GIRL is my girlfriend, so I drove both cars on a daily basis. I love the feeling of having instant power as soon as you step on the throttle. Sure, racing the Supra was fun, but from a 60mph roll. And the amount of money that goes into a single turbo supra like mine was rediculous. If I could go back in time I would have bought a Lightning hands down! I sold the Supra for some money to put down on a house, but luckily I can drive the womans lightning whenever!! I garuntee the next truck I purchase will be a Lightning. And the fact that it's a 380hp supercharged truck from the factory with a warranty! Come on! Does it get any better? There are ways around the warranty issue with the lightning, but thats one thing I hated about the supra - no warranty. Guess I'm just venting. Either car is great, it's just my choice would and will be the L!!

Ben

Old 08-08-2002, 08:56 PM
Fine looking car BoB

I`ll have to come by and check it out. I'm sure you have a good idea of what you are in for. Enjoy it ....

Quick Reply: Sorry guys it not gonna be a cobra this time around.