Lightning

Stupid Question: "Tire Pressure?"

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid Question: "Tire Pressure?"

for this time of year, with the temp difference over winter, what should stock F1's be running for air pressure?

Old 08-15-2002, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My answer to an earlier post:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning
You guys know your L, so 32 in all 4 it is.
I guess there's quite a difference in 20/25 to 32, I'll hit a station this morning and see if that dam dragging sound goes away.
And thanks for the 44 front trick JP, By the way, Your BFB Program gets better everyday, I can't wait for the colder weather to come so I can go to the track and officially join the 12 sec club. "I HOPE"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You won't get an accurate reading at a station plus, your tires will be 'hot' by the time you drive there and the 32 psi is for 'cold' tires.

IMHO, get an air guage(NOT the pen-shaped, sliding scale type) from jeg's or summit. It will cost about $20-30 but worth every penny. If you don't have and don't want to buy a small air compressor for home use, just take a psi reading first thing in the morning and then add air as needed at the station.

Dan

32 psi--cold tires

Quick Reply: Stupid Question: "Tire Pressure?"