Lightning

just got the truck back

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002 | 07:07 PM
|
just got the truck back

well as some of you knoe my truck just got a new engine because of excessive crank thrust. whatever that is but yea i just got it back today and im very happy and not happy. im happy because i got a new motor and its looks very good the bad thing is teh dealer messed up my front bumper. i think the guy who took it to the car was scrached it with driving and like bottomed out or something well at least the dealer is going to fix it well just wanted u guys to knoe i got my truck back ill post pic once i find my digital camara

take care

Old 08-15-2002 | 09:07 PM
Good Luck krnlightning,

Glad to hear you got the L back. I have dealership fear soooo bad about that myself. I'm sure they'll make good for it

Old 08-15-2002 | 09:33 PM
I think that is axial thrust...front to back play...radial would be...well radial I guess....Glad you are fixed.

Old 08-15-2002 | 11:29 PM
What were the symptoms that lead to that diagnosis?

Old 08-15-2002 | 11:50 PM
|
ok this is my complete story.

Like 2 months ago i heard this ticking noise when starting my engine. So I took it to the dealer and they told me that i had low oil pressure so the gave me a oil change and it went away. Then about 1 month later it started to happen again. so durning that time i was like WTF. i did some research and i thought it was piston slap because people have gotten this. but in the mean time the ticking noise got louder but only when i start the truck. So i took it to the dealer and they say i have Excessive Crank Thrust well thats what the tecky told me. so they said you get a new engine so i was kind of happy but i knoe that the dealer would mess up something and they did. they scrached this plastic peice and mess up my front bumper. But they are going to fix it with no charge im guessing. well if you hear a ticking noise it may be piston slap which is normal up to a certain point but might want to check for excessive crank thrust. and im going to upload the pix on the web site its http://www.f150online.com/galleries/....cfm?gnum=1537

thanks if any ? email me at sohn_peter@hotmail.com

thanks and sorrie for long write up

Old 08-16-2002 | 12:03 AM
Glad to hear you got that sucker back

Quick Reply: just got the truck back