Lightning

For those using MAC exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002 | 01:09 PM
|
For those using MAC exhaust

Do you guys get rust in your tips after any time running the engine? I like to keep the tips shiny both inside and out, and this rust thing is keeping me busy - usually comes off with some aluminum polish. My tips weren't coated on the inside... wondering if anyone has them coated possibly??

Old 08-19-2002 | 01:13 PM
Re: For those using MAC exhaust

Originally posted by 93Cobra
Do you guys get rust in your tips after any time running the engine?
Yes, I do.

Old 08-19-2002 | 01:26 PM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. Sorry, I know this has nothing of point to add but a rant, but your story will help keep people from paying for an inferior product in the future. I'll spend the less than 200 more and get a JDM SilverBullet Catback.

Old 08-19-2002 | 01:30 PM
My Borla is so nice.....rust free........

Old 08-19-2002 | 02:11 PM
Suspended Pending Email Reply
Yes - I have the problem as well. Picked up a $5 can of high-temp grille paint from home depot, and the problem is gone.

As for the price - $300 is the avg price of the MAC. Personally, I didn't have the CASH for the JDM, and there's no noted performance difference between the 2. (although, I'm sure the JDM is better, in every way.)

Personally, the MAC is just a step - I'll have the full header-back from JDM, when I CAN afford it.

Old 08-19-2002 | 02:28 PM
some of you guys kill me,whats the JDM $800 something like that,the Mac is $289,there is no difference in performance between the 2,but the $500 savings will net you a 4lb pulley and some lift bars,I myself would rather put up with a few tiny surface rust spots(which are easily delt with) which in turn would allow me to spend some money else where!!!

to each his own

Old 08-19-2002 | 02:39 PM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
Originally posted by svt360
some of you guys kill me,whats the JDM $800 something like that,the Mac is $289,there is no difference in performance between the 2,but the $500 savings will net you a 4lb pulley and some lift bars,I myself would rather put up with a few tiny surface rust spots(which are easily delt with) which in turn would allow me to spend some money else where!!!
The SilverBullet via JDM is $525. The MAC has been shown to raise e.t.'s as well as decrease hp, whereas the SilverBullet has been shown to increase hp, even over the Bassani.

Old 08-19-2002 | 02:58 PM
Originally posted by BfB

The SilverBullet via JDM is $525. The MAC has been shown to raise e.t.'s as well as decrease hp, whereas the SilverBullet has been shown to increase hp, even over the Bassani.
BFB.........BUDDY, COMPADRE..........did someone at Mac kill your pet, or pick on you when you were a little kid or something???

Ever since it came out, you take every opportunity to knock/bash/badmouth, etc. this exhaust system. We all know that its quality may not be as good as the stainless steel type.........we already know about your testing, and your eternal apathy towards this exhaust system..............can you please spare us this endless complaining about it.???? I'd swear that the Mac made your truck blow its engine or something the way you talk about it in such a negative light.

So far, you're the only one that has shown negative results with it.........let us all who bought it enjoy the way it sounds at least........I think it clearly sounds the best of all the systems, IMHO, and if it cost me a tenth, and 5 lbs of torque, so be it...........We're not all trying to get into the 11's you know.........some of us are happy with a nearly stock truck that sounds like a KILLER...........and if I feel like getting a 12 sec timeslip, I'll buy me a 6# pulley and some traction bars with some of the money I saved by buying the Mac..............I doubt having the Mac with the other mods will prevent me from getting into the 12's someday.

Not a flame.............nor an attack, I think you're a nice guy, knowledgeable about the trucks, and you add a lot to this forum, MOST OF THE TIME.......but it just irks me that everytime someone posts something about a Mac Exhaust, you chime in with some negative Bull$**** everytime..........

later,
JC

Old 08-19-2002 | 03:47 PM
Yeah, what JC said!

Tim

Old 08-19-2002 | 03:54 PM
Banned
Umm.. Whoa, hold up..

MAC = Junk. Plain and simple. I wouldnt even CONSIDER their system after dealing with their bull**** on my cobra 4 years ago. Wait until your tips start rusting on the outside come this winter...

i went through 9 sets of tips. Quality control is a joke, not to mention this so called HTS coating crap that is just grey spray paint with rust inhibitators that dont do their job..

Take a look at your exhaust system in 6 months...

You do get what you pay for. Nothing beats the looks, finish and quality of stainless steel, especially on the tips. So you saved $200 this time around. You will be replacing that chunk of crap. Sorry, but ive been dealing with MACs crap since 1993.

Old 08-19-2002 | 04:00 PM
mac tip/TIP

MAC tip/tip =
mac tip/tip

Old 08-19-2002 | 04:02 PM
Re: Re: For those using MAC exhaust

Originally posted by Madhouse

Yes, I do.
But I don't mind. Paint the inside, problem solved. It's still better than the money for the other options.

Old 08-19-2002 | 04:12 PM
Take the mac sytem to a custom car shop and have them dipped in chrome. Befor going, take an air or electric needle grinder and put a flapper wheel on it and put it on the inside until all the coating is removed. Do the same for the outside. Or the shop that chrome dips them will do it for you. All the systems are good. None of them give us power.
J-mart

Old 08-19-2002 | 04:26 PM

Last edited by Tiamat; 08-19-2002 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-19-2002 | 04:58 PM
|
looks like I hit a few sore spots with this topic - sorry.

i understand that this system is not as nice as the others, but it is a stepping stone in my mind. when the funds are available, or this one rots off - which ever comes first - then I will get something different.

I am happy with it so far - just need to find a way to keep rust off the inside. I will look for some high temp silver paint, and try that - for some reason, I didn't think about that before submitting this thread.

Quick Reply: For those using MAC exhaust