Lightning

BABOLT or ACCUFAB?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 03:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BABOLT or ACCUFAB?

Looking to finally purchase a TB....which of these 2 are the of better quality/cfm?.....I love the way the BABOLT looks with the "Lightning" engraved on it...but fit/reliabilty/quality are more important......Everyone with there infinite wisdom- please give your $.02

Old 08-19-2002, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think they both look nice. The Babolt TB that I have was bigger than a friends accufab(the inside area.) That being said, I don't know if it makes a big difference or not. I bought the satin finished Babolt TB for $315. I don't know if he still has them on sale.

In my infinate wisdom I also bless you and your Lightning that you may go fast and have many kills...or something

Old 08-19-2002, 03:45 PM
For "fit, quality, and reliabilty", BABolt hands down.

Old 08-19-2002, 03:51 PM
I have an Accufab from JDM and love it.

Last edited by Chikenears; 08-19-2002 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-19-2002, 04:44 PM
Talking

Hey Chikenears,
I spoke with Rob G. on Friday and we talked about the throttle body. What Rob said to me was that he believed that the bearing was bad in the throttle body. I told him to send it to me and I would make it like new. Can a bearing fail? Yes. Do I or anyone have control over it? No. But it can be fixed. As for you wishing to create some type of impression of low quality please have at. I believe that there are enough good, intelligent people out there that see past what you may be trying to push. Also I do not know who you are nor do I care. What I do know is that the test of time will be on my side. My parts will out last the short duration that you may own a Lightning.

Old 08-19-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by BABolt
As for you wishing to create some type of impression of low quality please have at. I believe that there are enough good, intelligent people out there that see past what you may be trying to push.
I disagree with the last part of that statement

We all see and read crap on this board that gets started to bash people or tuners or products or whatever. Believe it or not people will choose sides and believe at least some of the crap people start. It sucks but its true.

When the time (and money) comes, there will be a BABolt throttle body on my truck.

Jason

Old 08-19-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Silver-Bolt
For "fit, quality, and reliabilty", BABolt hands down.
Agreed

--Joe

Old 08-19-2002, 05:26 PM
Hey Chikenears,
I spoke with Rob G. on Friday and we talked about the throttle body. What Rob said to me was that he believed that the bearing was bad in the throttle body. I told him to send it to me and I would make it like new. Can a bearing fail? Yes. Do I or anyone have control over it? No. But it can be fixed. As for you wishing to create some type of impression of low quality please have at. I believe that there are enough good, intelligent people out there that see past what you may be trying to push. Also I do not know who you are nor do I care. What I do know is that the test of time will be on my side. My parts will out last the short duration that you may own a Lightning.
First off, I edited my post (a few minutes after posting it) simply because I felt like it was not my place to drag RobG into this. The part I left in was left there because I like my Accufab.

I had read a thread, (that Rob posted in) about your throttle body and gathered, from it, that he was less than pleased.

I personally know nothing about your throttle bodies other than the fact that they look really nice. I almost bought one myself.

As for intelligent people seeing through what I might be trying to push, and trying to create some type of impression of low quality, I have nothing to gain either way. I do not sell throttle bodies nor do I have any interest in selling them.

If I have offended you, I ask for your forgiveness. I feel like your quality is right up there at the top of the list, from a lot of threads that I've read.

Simply put, can we be friends? There is way too much bickering on this board.

Sincerely,

Tim

Last edited by Chikenears; 08-19-2002 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:14 PM
Smile

Tim,
I read the original post (in fact I saved it too) before you modified it. As I stated I spoke with Rob G. on Friday and if a part is bad on something that I offered I will fix it. I have been on this board for three years now and what I have noticed is that the quality level from all the vendors has risen. Now if all of us could use that as an example this would be a great site to hang out. As for the rest Tim, I never stay mad or hold a grudge. What never ceases to amaze me is that with a little bit of understanding how we can all get along.

Old 08-19-2002, 07:42 PM
Comparing those is apples to oranges isn't it?

Old 08-19-2002, 07:54 PM
Rest In Peace
Tim,
I read the original post (in fact I saved it too) before you modified it. As I stated I spoke with Rob G. on Friday and if a part is bad on something that I offered I will fix it. I have been on this board for three years now and what I have noticed is that the quality level from all the vendors has risen. Now if all of us could use that as an example this would be a great site to hang out. As for the rest Tim, I never stay mad or hold a grudge. What never ceases to amaze me is that with a little bit of understanding how we can all get along.
Mike (BABOLT) fixed my T/B when a part went bad. It was as good as new and i couldnt be happier. Mike makes top of the line parts and i wish he was on this board more like he use to be. But it seems everytime he makes a post that thread gets closed or magically deleted .

Old 08-19-2002, 08:29 PM
Thumbs up

I wait patiently for a PowerPipe to match up to my BaBolt th/body .

Dan

Old 08-19-2002, 08:34 PM
I love my ACCUFAB. Fits perfect. I notice 2/10ths off my 1/4 mile and a definite improvment on throttle response.

Last edited by Rampage; 08-19-2002 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:46 PM
Is one of the BABolt TB's suitable for a Magnacharged 5.4 (non-Lightning)?

Old 08-27-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by grayvader
Is one of the BABolt TB's suitable for a Magnacharged 5.4 (non-Lightning)?
It depends on what kinda intake you have. I am going to say that the stock 5.4 motor isn't even close to the same design. Our stock throttle body is twin 57mm. What is your's??

--Joe

Quick Reply: BABOLT or ACCUFAB?