Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This should make you all happy!

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/topstory2/1540867

Anyone here get busted?

Old 08-20-2002, 12:28 PM
Angry

What a crock of crap............

There would have been much better ways to go about that, such as warning the kids to go home, or something like that, but to arrest everyone and impound their cars which were not in violation is absurd. What kind of brains are on these police forces?

Oh well...............

Old 08-20-2002, 12:36 PM
Another reason why the police suck.

Old 08-20-2002, 12:38 PM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
I have a feeling that the prosecutor will drop most all the charges against these people in fear of heavy lawsuits (although that will happen regardless).

I really hope this Judge decides to do this as well.

Old 08-20-2002, 12:44 PM
Wink

the lawsuits "started" first thing Monday morning. a lot of kids will have a new ride for school!!

Old 08-20-2002, 12:51 PM
WOW...see, just like the 1 in 20 car enthusiasts who tear a$$ out of a parking lot and make the rest of us look bad, this 1 cop in the department makes them all look bad.
CA

Old 08-20-2002, 01:25 PM
They towed a ****pile of imports off. I saw one flatbed tow truck with six sportbikes strapped down to it. Alot of the people arrested were underage, and many were drinking. The parking lot usually looks like the aftermath of a tornado on Sundays.

Old 08-20-2002, 01:39 PM
I always thought that in instances like that though to be jerky about it would have an adverse effect from what you want.

If I had been the manager of the KMart or the Sonic I would have told the kids, look, I don't care if ya kick it, but you have to clean up after yourselves and leave the liquor at home or you and your pals aren't allowed to hang here anymore.

It sounds hokey...but the same kids that I told you about with the 9 and 10 seconds trailer queens up in San Mateo and San Jo that took em out on that deserted highway and ran em hung out in a parking lot and they were very respectful and cleaned up their mess and cheered when some dumba$$ went flying out of the parking lot trying to show off and got popped by a cop sitting across from him at the light. Not all kids are disrespectful and evil.

CA

Old 08-20-2002, 05:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish I was a lawyer in that town, that or a tow truck owner

Old 08-20-2002, 07:23 PM
I'll let you guys in on a little secret. The police is quasi-military, in that you do what your superior officer tells you to do. I know, all you police-haters, would have told the supervisor "hell no", but that is easy to say as you sit and type to a monitor. They forgot to put in the article that ALL POLICE are like this, what bad journalism. Most of you obviously know that when the evil police "cracks" down on drag-racing or set-up those so called speed traps it is in response to citizens making numerous complaints to the department, or construction workers who are in danger because people don't feel they should be told that they need to slow down in the construction area.

I'm not saying that I agree with what they did, but there is always more to the story. And to you guys who think that they will get "new rides" or should sue, that is whats wrong with this country, RUNAWAY LITIGATION.

Old 08-20-2002, 07:37 PM
Angry

Hay you think that is bad get into the trucking business. I deal with this all the time. You got all the people that have guns and badges that think they are GOD. We got to stand up for what is right are they will keep running over us. I try to get the people in the trucking Ind. to stand up but that is like talking to a wall.

Old 08-20-2002, 07:46 PM
Suspended Pending Email Reply
Originally posted by osumason
that is whats wrong with this country, RUNAWAY LITIGATION.
osumason, I totally agree. Why do you think your property taxes, and all of your insurance rates are so damn high? Because people sue for everything they can THINK of, and almost always win.

Don't get me wrong - some people deserve it. But the majority of these people don't.
Take, for instance, my bro-in-law's uncle. He got hit by a car. Broke his leg. He didn't have any permanent damage, just a small fracture. He's completely fine now, you'd never know - Except, he sued the driver, because the guy was driving an Escalade, and he figured the guy had money. He's a few hundred grand richer now. THAT is bull*****.... On top of that, the guy covered his medical bills, court costs, etc.

People will take ANY incident, and blow it WAY out of proportion, just to make money.

Now, don't get me wrong - I think this whole bust is BS, too. At the most, though, these people are owed nothing more than any money missed from work, a clean police record, and any monies spent on getting their cars back from impound. (including any damages to the vehicles.)

Anything more than that is just plain proposterous.

Old 08-20-2002, 07:49 PM
Chicken Chit

We are not trying to get rid of all police , only the Turd Heads and those who don't have the sense GOD give a Billy Goat. This accurate description obviously describes this Officer in charge to a T!!!

Old 08-20-2002, 09:02 PM
I dont see what the big deal is, if i was a supervisor and i saw that many imports in the same spot at the same time,i may have had the place napalmed

maybe the guy in charge was an SVT lover. lol

Old 08-20-2002, 09:50 PM
That just sucks. I hate it when this crap happens. Kids are too busy being 'gangstas' and cops are too busy pretending they are at Waco or Ruby Ridge. Somewhere in the middle the rest of us have to live.

I can start to see where the roots of domestic 'terrorism' begin: sometimes you reach a breaking point and just want to blow something up.

Too bad you can't just take the few bad cops out back and give 'em a good beating. They give the other 95% who are decent people a bad name.

I'm going to get another beer and try to forget about this BS...

Quick Reply: This should make you all happy!