Lightning

KB Article in MM&FF AND Truckin

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KB Article in MM&FF AND Truckin

The articles are damn near identical. Everything from the HP numbers to the fact that they started with a 99 and upgraded it to an 01. Whats the deal hear? All I can figure is that both mags were present during a "demonstration" by KB. If this is the case, the articles are kind of misleading since the writers are liberal in their use of "We"... Either that or it is blatant plagerism...

You can get the June MM&FF from Tim Skelton's website here:

http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/...ex.htm#screwed

I have the truckin, but my digital cam is at the office so I can't scan it for ya...

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

Old 08-20-2002, 11:44 PM
Duh, ok, it is the same article. sister publications... didn't know that...

Just read it.

Sorry for being stupid.

Old 08-21-2002, 12:00 AM
Arrow

I see their Fridge parked in a lot down the street from me...

doesn't look like anything special... of course its what under the hood that matters most.

--Russ

Old 08-21-2002, 06:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Russ, then stop by MM&FF's office and ask, no demand that they do a mod for hp on a Vic. When they answer, "Sir, we would like too, but we don't have a Vic at our disposal." I think you know the correct response at this point

Old 08-21-2002, 10:29 AM
For the Vic mods MM&FF folks went straight to Indy... my friends at Kenny Brown were more than happy to give them a Supercharged KB Panther P2 on a few occassions for their disposal.

Both MM&FF and KennyBrown folks were happy as the result... the MM&FF dudes got to feel the ***** that the supercharged Vic had and KB got great advertising, plus lots of pix (KB send me a few CD's full of high quality .tif format pix that MM&FF photoman took)

Plus, the way it works now (and this is based solely on my observation) is if you got some cash to spend and bring it in for "go fast" mods you have much more chances of getting stuff done at no cost... if you're like me who would love to do everything but don't have enough to do simple things as preventive maintenance not even talking about big mods, than they don't even want to talk to you... I don't blame them!

--Russ

Old 08-21-2002, 04:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jerzey

Plus, the way it works now (and this is based solely on my observation) is if you got some cash to spend and bring it in for "go fast" mods you have much more chances of getting stuff done at no cost... --Russ
Boy ain't that the truth

Old 08-23-2002, 08:19 PM
Did anyone see the SoCal blue flamed L in the truckin mag?? Does anyone know what kind of dash he has in that thing i like it it accents the colors of the interior off nicely... oh yeah its black but the top hump over the speedo is still gray though and there is also some name written in script on the pass. side airbag??? Cant make it out??
One more quick ? has anyone taken there dash out yet, how hard and how long did it take?
Later
Smok'n L

Quick Reply: KB Article in MM&FF AND Truckin