Lightning

9/11 Lights On!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002 | 08:41 PM
I will show my respect for the people that ran into a situation they did nothing to create, and who were there only to help others get out. Police, fire, ALS,and whoever else. I have no respect for the slimey, backstabbing filth that hide behind their religion to kill others. The leaders of these cults help to strap on the dynamite and then run like the cowards they are, and wait to see who died. You can bet it won't be them. Sorry for the rant.

Old 08-21-2002 | 08:44 PM
TRUE SO TRUE

Old 08-21-2002 | 09:16 PM
I spent the 3rd and 4th of July as part of the Stars and Stripes caravan that brought flags from all across the country to ground zero. Being there, seeing the devastation first hand, is something I will never forget and if doing a little thing like turning my lights on during 9/11/02 will show rememberance, then I am all for it

Old 08-21-2002 | 09:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jeffsavage
[B]Oh Brother...
Now we have people sounding like Mc Carthy in the 50's... comparing a guy to Bin Laden because he doesn't want to turn his headlights on this Sep 11? Jeez..

Yeah Jeff, maybye you got me on that one,my statement was a little off maybye.

Nevertheless you have people posting here bashing this guy over sending an email about the lights on campaign. How many firefighters out there who were at Ground Zero, how many police, clergy, Red Cross workers will be turning there lights on ?? Well who knows how EVERYONE feels but all this arguing about it is making me sick. This is the real fundamental difference between WW2 times and now... people standing in agreement instead of acting like communists about headlights on. You mentioned rashioning and other "sacrifices" Well this group that you are defending .. Lets call them the "anti-anything about 9/11 that brings people together" (just for giggles) "because its so commercialized" (by the way if you feel so strongly about this dont give any Christmas gifts this year mr Cruel, since 9/11 is so boring and "commercialized now" certainly you would take great offence at the cheapening of our Lord and Saviors Day now wouldnt you??) Well jeff this weak bunch of cowards you are defending ....

Oh **** it you are obviously too ignorant to understand

Lights on for me. You have the RIGHT not to turn yours on.

LETS SEE WHAT BUSH DOES / SAYS ABOUT THIS

Old 08-21-2002 | 09:55 PM
I think you guys are mostly missing the point. Turning the light on on 9/11 will be a symbolic act. To be sure, some symbolic acts carry great weight and are themselves noble. But turning the light on on 9/11 has no intrinsic value to the fallen heroes and victims on that date. It is then primarily an opiate. It makes you feel better, rather than amounting to a defiant, triumphant collective statement.

I wasn't at the ground Zero recovering bodies. If you were a firefighter or otherwise involved in rescue and served in that function, then bless you. You answered your call most admirably. My proper place, however, was not beside you, and same goes for hundreds of thousands of others who felt the need to help at the GZ but had no particular expertise at that monumental task. We would have been hinderance and hazard rather than help. Instead, we carried on as best as we could, filled our niches and helped others cope and find meaning among chaos. Society had to run even while the rescue workers toiled. Banks had to open, businesses had to run, and life had to go on.

You guys turn the light on if you wish. But don't do it just to say you did, just to make yourself feel better, by fooling yourself that you would make a difference that day. You would not. You could not. Not by that.

Old 08-21-2002 | 09:59 PM
Chean you have missed the point. It is not about whether we could have made a difference that day, but what we can do to make a difference now.

Also are you views the same when it comes to putting out the flag on veterans day ???

Last edited by Blue02svt; 08-21-2002 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-21-2002 | 10:08 PM
I don't know how I will show my respect for these heros, all canadians have daytime running lights, But even if it's just a moment of silence I think they deserve my respect for what they tried to accomplish. Its not to make me feel good. Its just respect. I don't think rememberance day is just another day either. Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-21-2002 | 10:31 PM
I might or might not turn on my lights on 9/11. If I don't, and you want to rage about it, well, that's why I've spent 17 years in the military, with a cumulative of 7 years in places most of you cant spell or find on a map. America is a beautiful country, and those who don't think so, or don't think everyone's entitled to their own opinion, should try and voice their opinion in some of those other countries. HA!

Old 08-22-2002 | 08:05 AM
Hey Canada...

just tie a blue rag to your anttena to symbilize freedom

Old 08-22-2002 | 08:38 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
There is some irony here.
They think we are evil because of our influence in their culture.
Our influence there is due to oil.
They kill us.
In rememberence we drive around in the automobiles burning that oil with our lights on.

Quick Reply: 9/11 Lights On!