the word out all across this great land we love and call the United
States of America. Let's see how powerful e-mail can be! On Wednesday,
September 11, 2002 everyone in the USA
who will be driving a motor vehicle is asked to drive with
their headlights on during daylight hours. Though no explanation is
needed as to why we are commemorating
September 11......we hope more importantly to pay
respect to the victims of that day, show our nation's
solidarity and show support for our men and women of the Armed Forces.

You can help by sending this e-mail on to others!

Remember......................9/11 LIGHTS

Old 08-21-2002 | 11:03 AM
Yes you can count me in.

I put my flag out at sunrise, and take it in at dusk.

America is the greatest country on earth.

Support our troops..including our local and state police and firefighters.

I was in Manhatten a couple Months ago...Bin Laden and his terrorist Groups did real damage, its visible. But our country is stronger and more determined than ever and i am

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAIN

Old 08-21-2002 | 11:17 AM
Old 08-21-2002 | 12:17 PM
Oh brother another 9/11 tribute idea. These are getting so stupid. How about everybody live their lives as normal and say a prayer or something.

Old 08-21-2002 | 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Crued
Oh brother another 9/11 tribute idea. These are getting so stupid. How about everybody live their lives as normal and say a prayer or something.
Your name is pretty fitting to your insensistive post. I dont know about you but I live very close to the WTC and I lost a good friend, so sometimes saying a prayer or something just isnt enough.

Old 08-21-2002 | 01:02 PM
How is it not enough? God is the only being you need to connect to in such a time as he's the only one with the answers.

And don't call my post insensitive. Just cause I'm not jumping on the '9/11' bandwagon. I think it's stupid how everybody has to have some sort of special this and special that. It's so special it's not special anymore.

Old 08-21-2002 | 01:36 PM
.....and for many people where I live, it's become another way to draw attention.

Old 08-21-2002 | 01:57 PM
My flag has flown every day since i left home and became a man ( where my father flew his flag ((vietnam)) and my Granfather flew his flag ((WW2)) and my great granfather was so glad to get his *** off the boat he went right to work in a coal mine not 8 hours after traveling overseas for the better part of a two weeks jourmey ((and also went to war)) ...Lets not even go into how i feel about the U.S.A. Its been burned in my soul since I could understand the word FREEDOM.

I agree with you about the so called "bandwagon" , but nevertheless, a lot of people need a good awakening to world events. How schooled were you on world politics before the Manhatten event ?? Did you see it coming ?? Lets not get all religious about it either ...this is a question of .. and STATEMENT to world spread terrorism and a way to remember our dead. Including those HEROS who lost thier lives to DEFEND FREEDOM for you and I.

Here you have a guy who writes this post because he loves his COUNTRY , and you try and bash him to death over it.

Who will be your brother in arms?? Bin Laden??

Old 08-21-2002 | 02:21 PM
Oh Brother...
Now we have people sounding like Mc Carthy in the 50's... comparing a guy to Bin Laden because he doesn't want to turn his headlights on this Sep 11? Jeez..
While the concept of turning lights on sounds all nice and touchy-feely, what will it accomplish? Nothing. It's another ad nauseum tribute to Sept. 11th, in this politically correct day and age.
That day will burn in my brain forever. My heart longs for revenge for those senseless deaths against the type of people who want to acheive their politial or ideological goals by death and fear.
I have been in the military for 10 years now, what is really making a difference is going after the people who have a jihad against our country and making sure they can never hurt anyone again... permenantly.
All the countless memoribilia and tributes actually weaken the horror and anger we should feel on one of the darkest days this country will ever feel, that is why I feel this "lights on" campaign is something I will not participate in. And before you bash me, remember as a member of the military it will be me over in Iraq or whatever fighting... and I do it as a volunteer so don't even think to question my patriotism... I have already served overseas in Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
Heck, the majority of this country, think of how they have reacted to this war on terrorism. Everyone got pumped up for a little bit after the attacks, and now people for the most part are worried about their 401k's because of the cruddy economy. After Pearl Harbor (which caused far less deaths then this attack), the country mobilized like never before, we entered WWII, killed millions of enemy soldiers, fought for 4 years, on way to liberating half the world and changing the course of history forever. People rationed gas, food, gave up their gold so it could be melted and made into weapons for our Army, etc. What do we do now? That's right, send emails about turning on our headlights. See the difference?

Old 08-21-2002 | 03:21 PM
Very well said Jeffsavage I served in the ARMY 3 years spent a year and a half in Germany it was great over and all but there is nothing like the good old USA.

Old 08-21-2002 | 03:44 PM
do it in memory of those that gave their life to help... those innocent people that didn't have a clue as to where their plane was going.
as a fireman, i look up to those individuals, and will pay my respects that day.

RESPECT - that is all there is to it.

Old 08-21-2002 | 03:47 PM
Rhino is

All you mary janes who feel that this 9/11 anniversary is
not "special" is a moron, moron and if you had any ***** come down
on 9/11 to broadway and cedar and express your opion to me and
my boys, God Bless this country!!

Old 08-21-2002 | 04:24 PM
Suspended For Rules Violations
Re: Rhino is

Originally posted by BOXER
All you mary janes who feel that this 9/11 anniversary is
not "special" is a moron, moron and if you had any ***** come down
on 9/11 to broadway and cedar and express your opion to me and
my boys, God Bless this country!!
So, if we all came down, you would want to create more pointless violence, on such a day. Real mature. In my opinion, I would have to call you the moron. Not because you disagree with the others opinions. But because you called them out to fight them. To "teach them a lesson." I think you should really sit back and see what you're saying. That's it's ok for everyone to have their own opinion, just as long as it's the same as yours. Sound familiar?

And as for the rest. I agree about the 9/11 bandwagon. What is turning on my headlights going to do for the fallen? I'll pray. I have donated money to countless places. And I have cried. Worse than that. I have cried with my students all the way across the U.S. in California, when my kids were scared they'd come here next. Where they were terrified for their family and friends. Call me what you want for crying, or for my views but it won't change them. When 9/11 happen, it became commercial out here. It was sad that poeple ran out, and bought every Red, White and Blue item in stores to sell them on street corners. And that's the category I put the idea about the headlights. On 9/11, I'll go through it again with some of my students. And I'll pray as I did a year ago (which is something I rarely do.), and I'll hope that someday we find the bastards that did this.

And before you go judging my patriotism, I have had Grandfathers who have fought in wars, Uncles who are still part of the service, my father was in the service, and when I tried to get it, I had to lie about my asthama to get in, but unfortunately they found out, and wouldn't let me join. With that, god bless, and be safe.

Old 08-21-2002 | 04:25 PM
Unhappy aaaah

I was at the tower's a few weeks after it happened And it was like a OMG you dont know how big these things where till you look and saw the rubble....... I realy almost shed a tear...... It was very very sad..... and watching people jump out of windo's holding hand's..... omg ! CNN showed something on it a few days ago and i cant watch it at all....

Old 08-21-2002 | 04:51 PM
Banned
For those of you who dont want to go on the so called " Bandwagon ".. Its too bad you didnt take your lilly little asses down to ground zero and see, with your OWN eyes, what happened. You have no understanding of it until you personally are there and feel it, smell it and see it.

I spent 74 days recovery bodies and yes, i live in California. A person doesnt have to be from New York to feel the impact.

Quick Reply: 9/11 Lights On!