Lightning

Lets get back on topic

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002 | 12:18 AM
|
Lets get back on topic

PLEASE lets try to get back on topic and get away from the cascade of bashing and trouble.

Truth, facts and personal experiences are welcome, innuendo and rabble rousing are NOT.

Don't forget there are LOTS of lurkers that read this crap and think we are crazy...

Thanks in advance
Doug

Old 08-21-2002 | 01:12 AM
Arrow

I'll take the first step back on track by making this reply...

(I really wanted to say somehting but I forgot what it was, too bad I hit the reply button anyway)

--Russ

PS. Lurkers, we're not crazy, Really! We'll some of them fools are, LOL!

Old 08-21-2002 | 01:26 AM
Define on topic in a moderators eyes... Dont wanna lead us into darkness or anything...

Shall we make a list?

Things you can post about:

What the best way to get a candid shot of a girls *** at the track!

How our JDM parts are the greatest thing on the planet!

Single out a board member and flame him till no end without knowing facts!

Sorry slow start on my list...maybe i need some direction...

Brandon

PS this was an intentional rib at the moderator =) and i am damn happy to post it. (prolly netting myself a ban but when you have a dynamic IP you are rarely worried of such things.

BTw i usually enjoy f150online, and its contents and people. I post helpful tidbits at any occasion and try to help anyone i can with my expertice (very few but some) thanks...

Old 08-21-2002 | 02:27 AM
Doug,
Missed you at FFW epping.I took some photos but NOTHING of your caliber.
The L community was LUCKY to have you at these FFWs shows to take photos for us.I have the photos from Virginias FFW you GAVE(for free) me framed and I thank you for that.
People do not realize that without you there only one or posssibly 2 photos to choose from and they are $20 each from the track photograhers.

Thanks again
VINNIE

Old 08-21-2002 | 05:34 AM
Thumbs up

Vinnie,
Well said.......
Bill

Old 08-21-2002 | 06:17 AM
I still wanta talk chicken

Old 08-21-2002 | 08:08 AM
I'm not a lurker and I think you are all crazy!!!

Old 08-21-2002 | 08:22 AM
|
Thanks Vin and HD... Its nice to see positive feedback once in a while....

I have closed all the Off topic threads on the first 2 pages...

Time to MOVE on...

If you want to bash me do it in email, as so many of you have, or in the qestions / comments about the site forum. I am NOT a moderator there so you can have a field day !!!

Doug

Old 08-21-2002 | 10:03 AM
Re: Lets get back on topic

Originally posted by Silver_2000_!

Don't forget there are LOTS of lurkers that read this crap and think we are crazy...

Thanks in advance
Doug
Well damn doug..we ARE crazy!!.

Old 08-21-2002 | 10:13 AM
Yeah Doug

I certainly thought of you as i forked over my 20 bucks for my photo too. Wish you could have made it to NH, but that's a hike, which is understandable. Did you hear about the looser who stole Don's wheel? Just goes to show you just because they drive the same truck as you, you just can't trust everyone.

Old 08-21-2002 | 11:11 AM
Doug I think you should ban everyone else so you and I can finally have alone time. HAHA Okay, okay, not everyone....just Brandon. hehe Just kidding Brandon.

We may be crazy, but we're crazy people with Lightnings.

BTW Doug, I still am having trouble loading my tags that the guys made for me on my gallery
CA

Last edited by WhiteLightninSVTGirl; 08-21-2002 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-21-2002 | 11:42 AM
How about a Bitch, Whine, Complain, Bash and Argue section in the forums. I don't post much, only when neccesary. I do read alot of posts and it's getting tiring sifting through all the BS lately. Besides not many people take arguing to email, the thread usually has to be closed first. I would still like to know which vendors have the highest screwup an order rate, because if I need something fast from a vendor I will know who not to call.

Old 08-21-2002 | 11:58 AM
Really Old "Member"
How's Moby doin'

Hey Darin:
OK, off topic, but you don't post much. How's my old girl doin'?
The Wood now has about 4K miles and I'm thinkin some mods are in order, probably start with the intake/exhaust stuff.
Drop on by.
Bill

Old 08-21-2002 | 12:00 PM
F150online
Founder
Darin,

F150online has always aimed to provide intelligent discussion and valuable knowledge to those mature enough to participate. "Anything goes" and "kills" oriented sections only serve to bring down the overall quality of any website that has one.

I would recommend to anyone that wants to partake in that kind of discussion that they visit one of the many alternative sites that have popped up recently for Lightning owners. Perhaps if a few of the people that insist upon playing dress-up and causing trouble around here would finally depart, all of this childishness would cease.

Along those lines, the impersonator that caused the most recent trouble has been banned. A quick recommendation to anyone else that wants to pretend they are someone else, try choosing a password that is different from your *real* account.

Old 08-21-2002 | 12:18 PM
Steve,
" F150online has always aimed to provide intelligent discussion and valuable knowledge to those mature enough to participate. "

That is one of the reasons I come to this board 80% of the time and 20% at the other sites.

" "Anything goes" and "kills" oriented sections only serve to bring down the overall quality of any website that has one. "

You are probably right, it's just lately a lot of threads seem to turn into BS.

Bill,
Moby is doing very well, she doesn't get a chance to go out and play much as I have been pretty busy lately. I got 2 new F1's on the rear a couple of weeks ago and I ordered a new set of tail lights. A Factory Tech valve body / new pan will be ordered this week. I will stop by soon, maybe after the tail lights and or valvebody are in. Old hot rodders never die they just keep buying more mods - I am surprised you hit 4K without one mod yet.

Quick Reply: Lets get back on topic