Lightning

Good News!!! [ X Plan ]

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2002 | 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Silver Bullet 7
Is the Ford X-Plan available in Canada? If so, how does it work?

Thanks
YEs. You have mail................

Old 08-30-2002 | 02:18 PM
Mine took 6 days I think. It'll come. Just wait.

Old 09-01-2002 | 10:33 AM
Someone on the Corral told me about the X-plan. I went to the dealer and told him I wanted to buy the Lightning under the X-plan and he asked what company I was getting it from. I told him I was getting it online and he then told me that I couldn't get it. I put a deposit on the truck but now I'm thinkiing I can just fill this form out and I should be able to get it. Am I correct??? Or should I fill it out, get the X-plan and get the truck from someplace else? Do all dealers have to accept the X-plan or can they deny you on it??

Thanks,
Pete

Old 09-01-2002 | 10:40 AM
|
If you fill the form out, and send it in, you'll get an X-Plan PIN. Ford DOES NOT sell SVT vehicles under the X-Plan, but some dealers will anyways. Dealer participation in the X-Plan is completely at their discretion...they do not have to sell a Windstar on the X-Plan if they don't want to.

With that said, tell them you received an X-Plan PIN from Ford Investor Relations if they ask. They may or may not sell the truck on the X-Plan. If not find another dealer that will, they are out there.

Old 09-01-2002 | 12:51 PM
TheHylandr
In my last post I forgot to thank you for your efforts and time locating and posting this information.......so Thank You

This type of thing keeps this board great, and of course the rabbit
And yes I've mailed my application out

Old 09-02-2002 | 08:24 AM
|
Old 09-03-2002 | 12:20 AM
heres a quick question for you. I work for the railroad and get whats called a suppliers discount. Im not sure what plan that is and was wondering if anyone knows what it is. i think its x plan but im not sure. if it is something else is it better of worse than x plan thanx

Old 09-03-2002 | 02:17 PM
pin#

finally just got #. It took about a week. Now if I can only find a dealer to sell me the cobra.

Old 09-03-2002 | 06:07 PM
Originally posted by TheHylandr
If you fill the form out, and send it in, you'll get an X-Plan PIN. Ford DOES NOT sell SVT vehicles under the X-Plan, but some dealers will anyways. Dealer participation in the X-Plan is completely at their discretion...they do not have to sell a Windstar on the X-Plan if they don't want to.
Just about every vehicle made by a ford company is available on xplan. A few jags and I believe the range rover are not on that plan. SVT VEHICLES ARE AVAILABLE ON THE XPLAN. Do not let a dealer tell you that they are not.

Old 09-03-2002 | 06:40 PM
|
Originally posted by Deus
Just about every vehicle made by a ford company is available on xplan. SVT VEHICLES ARE AVAILABLE ON THE XPLAN. Do not let a dealer tell you that they are not.

Here we go again.....

Like I said before, Ford's policy is that they do not sell SVT vehicles under the X-Plan. Additionally, no dealer HAS to sell you anything on the X-Plan if they don't want to....however, there are some dealers that WILL sell you an SVT vehicle on the X-Plan.

If you READ what you quoted Deus, you will see that I did say that it is possible to get a SVT vehicle on the X-Plan...if you look at the webpages I made, it explains how to find a dealer that will do it.

Last edited by TheHylandr; 09-03-2002 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-03-2002 | 07:07 PM
According to the pricing printouts my Ford dealer showed me, all SVT vehicles do have the Xplan availability box checked. If the vehicles weren't on the xplan then how would a dealer sell it on them? If any ford vehicle that doesn't have xplan availability can be sold on xplan then I need to run down to the Jag and Land Rover dealers before all of you find out.

If you READ what you quoted TheHylandr, you will see that I said SVT vehicles are on X-Plan hence you can get them on X-Plan.

Last edited by Deus; 09-03-2002 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-04-2002 | 08:19 PM
I'm from Canada. Out of curiosity, what is the US list price for the Lightning and what are you guys picking it up under the X plan?
Dion

Old 09-05-2002 | 12:04 AM
Originally posted by dionisio
I'm from Canada. Out of curiosity, what is the US list price for the Lightning and what are you guys picking it up under the X plan?
Dion
Do a search; there are tons of threads mentioning US x-plan pricing for an L. Looks like list is ~$32.5K USD; X-plan about $29K USD. For example:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ht=xplan+price

Canadian x-plan price for an 02L is $38105 CAN

Frank

Old 09-05-2002 | 09:13 AM
$38,105 Canadian is a very good price. I got mine last year in December for $37,000 with 0% financing. This was simply a deal I couldn't refuse.

Some information for my American friends. The Lightning is substantially cheaper in Canada. If you guys have an opportunity to purchase in Canada and take it home, you will save a bundle. List price is approx $42,000 and if the X plan is $38,105 that's $26,880 and $24,387 respectivily. (Using a .64 dollar)

Many vehicles in Canada have this relative low price versus the US dollar. In the case of the Lightning, its easier for Ford since they are building it in Canadian dollars in Oakville, Ontario.
Dion

Old 09-05-2002 | 01:32 PM
Originally posted by dionisio
I got mine last year in December for $37,000 with 0% financing. This was simply a deal I couldn't refuse.

$37000 AND 0%. Are you sure? I don't think Ford EVER offered the 0% for SVT products. Was this a special deal- A-plan or something? Where in Canada are you from and which dealer gave you this deal?? I'll call him and see if they're willing to go < x-plan on an 02L as the 03L's start arriving later in the year.

Frank

Quick Reply: Good News!!! [ X Plan ]