Lightning

New amp for the beast.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New amp for the beast.

well the kicker amp for the subs went boom again, so its time for a new one with more juice!!

Some of you guys might want to check this one out. I got it from www.thezeb.com for only 560 bucks witrh tax and shipping!!! 1500 watts for 560 bucks is a great deal!

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/2002home/

Old 08-22-2002, 05:13 PM
I want to get an amp for my truck. But, I don't need the max like some of you freaks! What's a good $100 two-channel amp to get. I'd probably get it from Best Buy and have them put it in. Would I be able to put a decent sub in using that kind of amp? TIA. Sorry Killa' for hijacking your post.

Old 08-22-2002, 05:15 PM
Re: New amp for the beast.

Originally posted by RTKILLA
well the kicker amp for the subs went boom again, so its time for a new one with more juice!!

Some of you guys might want to check this one out. I got it from www.thezeb.com for only 560 bucks witrh tax and shipping!!! 1500 watts for 560 bucks is a great deal!

maybe i missed something but, what kind of amp did you get?

Old 08-22-2002, 05:53 PM
rockford fosgate bd 1500.1

Old 08-22-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by BadBolt
I want to get an amp for my truck. But, I don't need the max like some of you freaks! What's a good $100 two-channel amp to get. I'd probably get it from Best Buy and have them put it in. Would I be able to put a decent sub in using that kind of amp? TIA. Sorry Killa' for hijacking your post.

depends on the type of power you want and the bass and the sub.

If you just want to add bass to your truck, but don't want the mess and you don't want it to be loud go with a bazooka bass tube.

Like this one. http://www.sasbazooka.com/productAut...BTsEL.asp?id=9
You can get that one for $239 bucks from thezeb and its got an amp built it the tube and the sub is built in also. Its a small and compact unit that will fit behind your seats awesome and if its not enough power you can always add another one. Or you can step it up to the 150 watt version of that one.
Install of these is pretty simple with a aftermarket head unit, but with a stock unit it will require a Line out converter to be installed and that may be to much for a unexperienced person. You should be able to handle it though.

Old 08-22-2002, 06:13 PM
well I have had a Precison Power 100watt for over 8 years and have had no problems with that type of amp. You get what you pay for.

Old 08-22-2002, 07:16 PM
Re: New amp for the beast.

Originally posted by RTKILLA

I thought you were saving for a house? HMMMMM!!!!!!!!

VINNIE

Old 08-22-2002, 09:57 PM
RTKILLA, Maybe you can help me, I m getting a Pro Box for free, cause i deliver to them (UPS), and want to run (3) 10's. Heres the question, Which speakers and which amp. I dont have the cash just yet to get a head unit, but when i get one its gonna be that alpine dvd head unit. I was thinking going with JL's.

Quick Reply: New amp for the beast.