Lightning

Looking for a Quality Dealer for Repairs in Virginia Beach Va

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002 | 06:38 PM
|
Looking for a Quality Dealer for Repairs in Virginia Beach Va

Hey everyone ! I live in Virginia Beach, until recently I have been dealing with Kimnach Ford on Virginia Beach Blvd. Thats where I bought my L from. I have never been satisified with the quality or speed of service that I have got from them. Today was the final straw ! the drivers seat is defective-foam on the bottom is split and causing the material to wear severly. I had to drive all the way over there for the tech to look at it so that he could order the correct seat cover. I dont understand that at all ? I know SVT only makes one seat for the 01 year model. Anyway after all my trouble I ask him if he is planning on ordering the top and bottom covers so all will match, and he says no ! I question him on this and he gets a serious attitude with me ! I felt like knocking him out ! I told him that the new bottom would not match the old top and it would look like **** ! so to avoid the time and trouble both should be installed at the same time.
He just got more arrogant and defensive at this point. I spoke with the service rep and she was little help.
Im fed up with these people!!! I paid to much money for them to take this attitude with me. I just want quality and dependable service without all the BS the service people want to give you.
So with that being said can anyone recommend a better service department in my area ?
Sorry about the long post but Im a little pissed and need to vent. Thanks

Old 08-22-2002 | 06:49 PM
in their defense, most dealerships don't keep upholstery in stock.

and no dealership in their right mind is going to allow customers to call in warranty parts orders over the phone, so unfortunately , your trip to the dealership with your truck was unavoidable. they really need to see the concern and then order the part accordingly.

as for the seats not matching, the top of the seat isn't worn out and it is a completely different part number. they should match unless the seatback is dirty, and ford didn't get it dirty, you did. ford's warranty covers parts that fail. your seat bottom failed, your seat back did not.

please understand that I'm not trying to attack you or insult you, I'm just explaining the reality of the situation.

if your line of thinking holds true, then they should also replace the passenger side seat because after you replace the driver cover, it won't match the passenger side either right??? how far does this logic go?

again, I am not criticizing you, but this is just the way the it works.

As for your question on where to go. Have you ever dealt with Beach Ford? I went to school with several technicians there that should take good care of you. Ask for Ryan Snow or Bill Swineford, tell them that Chris Haynie sent you. judging by your post, they may hate me for it, but I'm sure they will take care of you. They are usually a VERY busy high volume shop, so I don't know if the speed of there service will please you any more than Kimnach, but they are worth a try.

P.S. the fact of the matter is that they are most likely going to sublet the repair out to a local upholstery shop anyway, so it doesn't matter who does it. most dealerships don't do upholstery work.

I also know some people at Freedom Ford in Hampton and Bowditch Ford if that might help any, but I figure Beach is probably your best bet.

good luck.

sincerely,
chris

P.S. I'm not sure where Kimnach Ford is, but I though that Beach Ford was also on Va Beach Blvd? maybe I'm wrong, its been a few years since i've been down that way.

Last edited by superfords; 08-22-2002 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-22-2002 | 07:45 PM
|
No offence taken ! I pointed out the problem while my L was in their shop, the service tech looked at it once already. he said that there are 15 different variations of the SVT seat covers? I am unaware of that. is this true ? he said I could have gotten seat heaters also. Hum didnt know that !

I understand that the top will be a little dirty from use but there is still the issue of batch run numbers causing different color variations in the same color material. if it is to noticible then yes the entire seat-drivers and passenger, should be replaced to compensate.
I went through this before with the seats in my wifes expedition and Ford replaced all the seat covers to maintain consistancy with color. Ford makes a quality product for a decent price, all I want is quality service.
Oh Beach Ford is on Virginia Beach Blvd also, just at the other end of it.
Thanks for your recommendations.

Old 08-22-2002 | 07:57 PM
quote: "he said that there are 15 different variations of the SVT seat covers? I am unaware of that. is this true ? he said I could have gotten seat heaters also. Hum didnt know that !"

that is a lot of seat cover options for one truck

well, as you and everybody else here knows, there is only one seat cover available for the Lightning. sounds like you got somebody who was less than knowledgeable about the Lightning truck. That is why SVT is now requiring that dealerships send technicians (even if it's only one ) to SVT school. see my other thread: https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...threadid=87890 hopefully this step will help you and other customers avoid problems like these in the future.

anyway, I hope that you get everything worked out to your satisfaction.

good luck,
chris

Old 08-22-2002 | 09:46 PM
jsteiert;
Who was the service writer you talked to? You should talk to Meg Vallera. I don't even get my truck inspected w/out getting her to write the work order. She's a great gal and has been very helpful to me. But still take into consideration everything that superfords said. Just my $.02

Old 08-22-2002 | 10:20 PM
Try Barton Beach Ford..... That is where I bought my truck even though I live in Houston..... If their service dept. Is like their sales dept... You will love the place.

Old 08-23-2002 | 09:35 AM
|
Blown Hard, I do deal with Meg, and I agree she is very helpful, but this time she let the tech take over and it was less than a pleasent experiance.
Chris, that is what they told me ! I said that I only know of one seat cover that SVT puts in the Lightnings, he said I was incorrect in that assumption. I will be glad when they send someone to the SVT training program.

Old 08-23-2002 | 10:17 AM
I bought my truck from Kimnach Ford. They are good at promising you great service but when it comes to providing it, they drag their feet and play phone tag. I still have "We Owe You" slips for parts on a truck I bought in 1997. They still owe me for a spare key on my 99L. I found a good dealer in Quantico: Cowles Ford. There are also some dealers in Manassas who are pretty good at service. Recommend staying away from Kimnach. Good luck.
R/S Dennis.

Old 08-23-2002 | 04:55 PM
Thumbs down

Screw Kimnach Ford. They refused to take my Z-plan order on my '99 "L" but when I went to look at the first one delivered to the Tidewater area they about fell over themselves trying to give it to me on the Z-plan. By then I had a deposit on the first one to be delivered to Cavalier(Beach Fords were all spoken for). I've dealt with them ever since. Cavalier or Beach would be my choice.

Quick Reply: Looking for a Quality Dealer for Repairs in Virginia Beach Va