Lightning

Service recall or anything for this??

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service recall or anything for this??

Well it happened. I was playing with a Cobra last night and around 120mph I hear bam bam bam bam bam. I thought the dang motor was knocking. It so was loud. Beef had it happen at ATCO so I knew my time was coming.....

01's having the top rubber on the Windsheilds come lose. Is there any type of service recall on this?? I know a bunch of us have had it happen....

Old 08-23-2002, 12:02 PM
I believe beefcake just got his replaced. And yes, they should do it under warrenty. Ive seen quite a few people get this fixed...

-Mike

Old 08-23-2002, 01:48 PM
I had mine all resealed and rear window replaced for those problems. Rear seal was falling out, and leakng bad, the front doing teh same.

The bam bam bam was prolly the lockup going in and out. Unsure why it would go in/out/in/out though

Brandon

Old 08-23-2002, 02:01 PM
Happened to me before at 115mph, scared the ***** out of me. It was replaced under warranty. SAP

Old 08-23-2002, 04:30 PM
ICULOKN,

I guess lightning really does strike twice! My Silver '01 starting
with the winshield rubber weatherstripping rapping on the roof top on my truck yesterday also...but I only hit 90mph.

Btw... I called the dealership they said that the winshield would probably have to be pulled and then resealed with a urethane adhesive. I might just glue it back in place myself. I'm not really all that thrilled about having the winshield pulled out.

Ah... just noticed why this happened to our trucks, we are both running PSP "enhanced"...maybe Lightningtuner will warranty this repair j/k

Old 08-23-2002, 04:55 PM
My 02 did this too.
I was cruising a back road while on vacation in NC (home for me) I was running about 130 or so and BAM bam bam bam bam... scared the ***** out of me at first! I had less than 2000miles on the truck at the time and i just knew something had went but after slowing down below 50 it stopped flapping. mine was all the way across the top.
I used some packing tape to 'hold it in; and took it to a local dealership (non svt) and they sent me to a glass repair shop to have it fixed under warranty.
They didn't have to pull the windshield just "re-glued" it with urethane stuff...... Took them about 10 min and the guy told me to keep it under 60mph for 24 hours

Johnie

Quick Reply: Service recall or anything for this??