Lightning

What the heck is a Boss 5.4 F-150?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002 | 06:49 PM
Me Third

Old 08-23-2002 | 10:38 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Just so you'll know CMNTMXR81, that truck is about mid 15 in the 1/4.

I've heard they are about the same as a Lightning costwise so, it's not a poor mans's lightning wannabe.

I figure the buyer for a truck like this is someone who admires the look of the lightning but probably already has a 9 sec car that gets trailered to the track and they really needed the 8300 lb towing capability this truck has opposed to the 5k for the lightning and the 1900 lb payload over the 800 on the L.

In the four years I've been here, I've never seen so many Ford owner's trash a fellow Ford owners truck like this before. I am very disappointed.

CMNTMXR81 trolled through here and filled his net.
Some of it is jealousy and the rest of it is immaturity.

The Home page of this site says:
...website for owners and enthusiasts of the late model F150.

Old 08-23-2002 | 11:17 PM
What a discrace to the Boss name...

-Kelly

Old 08-24-2002 | 01:13 AM
A guy at the athletic club I go to, asked me if I had seen the Boss F150 parked outside. I said I had and he tells me that he has heard that they are faster than the L's. I just turned away and smiled.

Old 08-24-2002 | 08:19 AM
As Whiplash said, a disgrace to all the former Boss Fords built. But on a lighter note wait till Mr. cheby runs accross a Lightning that WANTS to lay the smackdown on his mighty cheby

Old 08-26-2002 | 01:36 PM
|
Originally posted by LAST50
CMNTMXR81 - You'll know when you're lined up with a real Lightning. Ask Bradws6 how he fared against my truck this past spring when we were both stock.
Which vehicle did he have that time. He changes vehicles weekly.

CMNTMXR81 trolled through here and filled his net.
Some of it is jealousy and the rest of it is immaturity.

The Home page of this site says:
...website for owners and enthusiasts of the late model F150.
WTF crawled up your backdoor Raoul? "I trolled through here and filled my net?"

-Where did I troll?
-Where did I bad mouth, trash, or generally show ill will?
-Is it because I drive a Chevy that got your panties in a bunch?

If the home page says "...website for owners and enthusiasts of the late model F150" where exactly did you want me to pose this question? Silly me, perhaps I should've gone to a Dodge website to ask this question.

I simply recanted what happened to me while having a run in with this truck. I had seen this truck before, it sounded pretty decent so I figured it had something under the hood. Seeing as though BOSS vehicles are generally very well respected, I naturally only figured that this thing was really a potent ride. I guess I was wrong! But then again, my jealousy and immaturity has gotten the best of me seeing as though my bigger, heavier, and geared for stump pulling truck hung with it..yea, that's jealousy allright. I too am surprised at the response your fellow ford bretheren have showed this Boss truck, but oh well, I wasn't holding a gun to their heads for them to respond.

Also, as can be seen, Last50 knows me (and I know him) from our MFBA board. So I can hardly be considered a troll. I'm sorry that someone as narrow minded as yourself won't accept the fact that many people cross populate boards. For instance, Last50 posts on our GM board and no one berates him!!! We don't call him a troll, filling his net and jealous and immature simply because he has ford products!

The only one showing jealousy and immaturity around here is yourself. Also be warned, if I find you on a GM site, I will call you out on it!

Sorry to all the others who legitimately answered my question and thank you for answering it.

FYI Raoul, a troll is someone who hits multiple threads, sections, and forums. You'll see my only posts in my existence here are in this one thread in this one forum. Hardly troll like meanderings!

Old 08-26-2002 | 01:42 PM
Banned
Yea, right. the BOSS name has gone to hell, they have boss v6 mustangs and stuff like that, atleast ive seen them around. i think its a sticker package.

Old 08-26-2002 | 01:48 PM
Originally posted by SpankDog
... i think its a sticker package.
Well stickers do add HP

Jeez b/n RT's thread on rice and this guy racing with a trailer attached , I'm not making any plans to go to chicago

On a side not, a serious thread by Raoul

Old 08-26-2002 | 02:35 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Hmmm... where to begin.

CMNTMXR81, your first post contained a legitimate question that should have been answered.
Mods not withstanding, 13.+ sec for a Lightning, 15.+ sec for the truck in your thread. Your subsequent posts joined in revelry of putting down the truck. Completely acceptable from you but, not from the other members here.
I did not mean to imply jealousy or immaturity on your part.
You have a Free Pass to post what you will.

I haven't seen these trucks in person. If someone puts pink daisys on his truck and gets trashed in the Forums for doing it, that's fine with me. It happens all the time here.
I see this as different. Although the volume won't be as large as Lightnings, the Boss 5.4, will grow in numbers. It would stand to reason that a buyer of such a truck would seek out others of his kind, as Lightning owners do on Boards such as this.
At this time there is not a Forum, such as this one for lightnings, for owners of said Boss 5.4 to seek refuge.

If owners of the Boss 5.4 search the site and get back only negative posts such as this, they most likely will not feel welcome.

This site is for all F150s, the Boss 5.4 included.
No, it's not fast but, it was you that posted this in the Lightning Forum. It's an appearance package. I think it's a damn good looking appearance package. Put that truck in a parking lot with every other model truck Ford makes and it will draw attention. (It got yours)

If there was a thread where the King Ranch or the Harley Davidson or God forbid, the Blackwood models got trashed, the owners would be there quick to do battle. There aren't any Boss 5.4 owners here (yet) so, I'm just sticking up for them until such time as they can fend for themselves.

I would defend all Ford trucks, even the Lightning, although that 800lb payload would require some creative journalism.

Old 08-26-2002 | 02:46 PM
|
Thank you for a response. Albeit I was really unaware of me jumping on any bandwagon other than I thought it was more than what it was.

I think it is a particularly good looking truck, which is why it caught my attention. However, like many of these Lightning owners, I prefer less flash and more go.

It's all the consumer's preference. If it were my money, I'd have bought the Lightning if I were in his shoes, however, I'm not, so who am I to argue with the guy.

Old 08-26-2002 | 02:51 PM
Talking What the heck is a Boss 5.4 F-150?

It's the short schoolbus of the F150's, or something.....Hence the black and yellow killer bee we don need no stinking badges paint scheme. LOL
----------
Rick

Old 08-26-2002 | 02:56 PM
Originally posted by CMNTMXR81

Which vehicle did he have that time. He changes vehicles weekly.
He had just bought the white '98 T/A, and he was getting some baseline runs on it.

Old 08-26-2002 | 03:04 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
CMNTMXR81

It isn't your fault you stumbled into the 'us verses them' undercurrent that exists on the board. For some it's all about speed. Other's will tout the truck capabilities of their ride.

The poor Boss 5.4 is caught in the middle, looking to be something it's not.

The thread about it would have faired better in any other Forum.

I personally would rather not have participated because some of the Lightning guys are mean. Someone has already drawn some moustaches in my gallery.

So, where is a good GM Board?

Old 08-26-2002 | 03:06 PM
The Boss is kinda a good looking truck, a little different, but still nice. They have only made like 400 or so of them, so it is a fairly rare truck. I've only see one of them and it was in the Dallas are at a local Ford dealer. So it may be slower than the average 5.4, but the inside is nice, outside is nice, and will get attention. From my experince, people don't know crap about vehicles in the real world. For example, at our local ford place, they are installing factory L parts (side skirts, exhaust, front bumper, and lights) but putting different wheels on it. They call it the thunder. Well, my cousin thought it was fast and would beat my dads L. Well, after trying to tell him everything, he finally realised it was just a normal truck that looked better than the average one. And when people see the L, many think it just lookes good, but dont even realize its that fast until you show them. To sum everything up, The Boss truck is nice, but its in a total differnt field from the Lightning.

Old 08-26-2002 | 03:10 PM
although,that hairy thing i drew on your upper lip wasn't a moustasche,,,, i erased it, because of your sincere explanation

Quick Reply: What the heck is a Boss 5.4 F-150?