Lightning

For you Lightning owners wanting more sound

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002 | 04:32 PM
|
For you Lightning owners wanting more sound

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sTHJ972...020FF150LG&s=0

I just bought one. It was too cheap to pass up. I also got free shipping. They have 300 left. Get it while you can.

Old 08-23-2002 | 04:40 PM
Man...........this is bad!!! I like it...........you can even go all out and mount a DVD screen on the top of it!!!

JC

Old 08-23-2002 | 04:42 PM
Suspended Pending Email Reply
SWEET!!! It's exactly what I've been looking for!!! Thanks for the research, can't wait to get paid next week!!!

Old 08-23-2002 | 05:03 PM
Re: For you Lightning owners wanting more sound

Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sTHJ972...020FF150LG&s=0

I just bought one. It was too cheap to pass up. I also got free shipping. They have 300 left. Get it while you can.
Am I reading this right...
The box has a powered subwoofer that can connect directly to our factory headunit wiring harnesses via an adapter that Crutchfield supplies. Do I need to run power cables to the amp?

Old 08-23-2002 | 05:06 PM
Looks nice but I plan on eventually doing the seat mod. So it wouldn't workout for me...

-Mike

Old 08-23-2002 | 05:06 PM
Banned
Crutchfield supposedly has real good tech support, i would give them a call. and then ofcourse post the answer here for me :-)

Old 08-23-2002 | 05:20 PM
|
The wiring harness comes with it to for free. You get everything with it in the deal. Even if you eventually go to the console mod you still need this in the meantime. You can always sell it and get your money back......could even make a little at the price your buying it for.

Old 08-23-2002 | 05:29 PM
Thumbs up

I just called Crutchfield and ordered one.
I didn't qualify for the free shipping. But luckily I had a $25 credit with them so it offset the shipping cost.

I talked to Brian at extention 4024. He believes the wiring harness adapter will work in our trucks. I can return it if it doesn't. Brian wants me to call him back either way to let him know if it worked or didn't work.

I should have it on Monday. That's the good thing about being in Richmond. UPS ground only takes one day to arrive from Charlottesville.

Hopefully I can post how it turned out on Monday night.
(Keep your fingers crossed!)

Old 08-23-2002 | 05:39 PM
It says on the Crutchfield site that the harness doesn't work with premium sound systems. Hopefully it will work for you, let us know.

Old 08-23-2002 | 06:03 PM
Originally posted by unclemole
It says on the Crutchfield site that the harness doesn't work with premium sound systems. Hopefully it will work for you, let us know.
Mole,
I saw that mentioned on the Crutchfield web site. I asked the Crutchfield sales guy about it. He didn't think there would be a problem so lets just hope he is right. I can't remember if the Lightning's radio is considered a premium sound system. I didn't see premium written anywhere on the radio.

I guess I'll know on Monday.

Actually I just looked on the 01 L brochure and they call it a Premium sound system. But lets hope it works!

Last edited by ema100c; 08-23-2002 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-23-2002 | 09:16 PM
Anyone mounted one? Holes in your floor? and if you have is there enough room in that top part to mount more guages (since I can't have enough untill it looks like an airplane).

Also anyone heard sound quality?

Old 08-23-2002 | 10:16 PM
Couldn't pass up that price so I ordered one too. Hope the harness fits. If anything it'll be a good place to set the cell phone when it's charging.

Old 08-23-2002 | 10:27 PM
man i wasnt planning on upgrading my stereo.. but i just had to pick one up

damn this forum!

Old 08-24-2002 | 08:37 AM
I just ordered one also, gotta be an improvement!
it almost looks like the console mod
thanks J.D. Blackwell for the heads up on this one..... JR

Old 08-24-2002 | 09:12 AM
I haven't done that specific Clarion enclosure but have done others. There should be a pig tail at the end of the Clarion harness, so you could go high level in and then just tap into the wires. As for battery power, you could grab the power from the radio, but I always run a battery wire out to the battery. The built in amp does not draw much. Everything else can be done at the radio. Clarion no longer makes stealth enclosures, thus the close outs. I just put one in my Expedition since the rep owe'd me a fav and it's great, and all the other trucks I did the people were more then happy. They are not block busters in bass but I think they are more then enough, especially if your into SQ you guy's should be more then happy. I never use the adapters unless the person has to have one. If you have aftermarket you can go low level in and then I use the adapter plug then so I do not chop off the stock plug.

If the plugs they send work or not, you guy's can still hook them up, enjoy.

Quick Reply: For you Lightning owners wanting more sound