Lightning

SAL!!,Need pulley fast! Just got waxed by a modded HD

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002 | 11:51 PM
|
SAL!!,Need pulley fast! Just got waxed by a modded HD

I'm still in awe.....his blower sounded like an ambulance siren!!!! And it was only a 6lb lower with cold air and a chip! He didnt pull me bad but i was still very very impressed. Hmmm maybe we could do an overnight on that pulley/chip hehe. Hope my chip is almost done

Chris

Old 08-26-2002 | 08:27 AM
Talking

Fear not my son; the caped avenger will quickly save you from further ignominy Rockownn with your badself!

Dan

Old 08-26-2002 | 12:08 PM
Originally posted by NVR L8

You wanna know the difference? the difference between the Harley wanna be SVT. and My "L" is he won't be seeing the front of my truck in his rear view, but I damn sure will be seeing his.
Originally posted by Ken800

NVR L8... You are retarted and/or short sighted.

I guarantee that someone with an 02HD will have spent enough money to show you their tailights...
From an earlier thread concerning the L vs. the HD. I wouldn't believe it if an HD owner told me he beat an L, but an L guy admitting it... must be true.

What the hell else was he running in his HD? I have a 6lb lower and all sorts of other chit and I don't believe my truck would take an L with just a chip and intake. MAYBE a bone stock truck if I get the jump or maybe my truck is quicker than I think...

Ken

Old 08-26-2002 | 12:45 PM
Suspended Pending Email Reply
"SAL!!,Need pulley fast! Just got waxed by a modded HD "

Wow! Is your truck shiney now? Post some pics!

Seriously, though - that's pretty sweet. Sorry to hear that you got beaten, but, man... That truck has 1000lbs on us!

I'd love to see one of THEM hit the 10's!!!

Old 08-26-2002 | 12:53 PM
Originally posted by BlkBanshee
I'd love to see one of THEM hit the 10's!!!
Wow that would take a lot of coin.

--Joe

Old 08-26-2002 | 12:56 PM
Rest In Peace
I have been hearing that alot of the harley guys that are modding are breaking. Since the drive shaft is 2 pieces and cant take the torque.

Old 08-26-2002 | 01:06 PM
BadAzz.. If you know of anyone, direct them my way or me to them. There are a BUNCH of modded HD's in the various forums that are pushing the motors pretty hard and I have been waiting for someone to break something but have not heard a peep concerning a broken part. Not doubting it as I believe that the 8 and 10 lb lowers that are being put on these trucks are "on the edge". I haven't heard of any *yet* but at the rate the HD guys are going, something has to give. Two seperate tuners have told me that the 2pc unit is identical to the 2pc unit being used on the power stroke diesel truck. I would tend to believe it is capable of handling the torque therefore but who knows. Any idea where they broke? At the joint or at the diff?

Ken

Last edited by ken800; 08-26-2002 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-26-2002 | 02:27 PM
the 2-pc Dana driveshafts can handle "a lot" of torque. mine have held close to 1000lb/ft for many years, without any problems. repeated use of dragslicks will eventually cause some problems, but even slicks won't bite on a heavy truck with a lot of power

Old 08-26-2002 | 07:52 PM
A guy over on world (Drop Top) mentioned a truck trend article that confirmed the 2pc is the same as the PSD version on the bigger fords. That being the case, I don't think we will see any of these broken from HP/Torque... Axle Wrap on the other hand... Drop Top had a heavily modded PSD that put out enormous torque to the ground (way more than the most modded L/HD out there on that same 2 pc. shaft...

I am going to get some cal-tracs or something just to be sure axle wrap doesn't bite me on the ****

Ken

Old 08-26-2002 | 11:25 PM
Originally posted by BadAzz516
I have been hearing that alot of the harley guys that are modding are breaking. Since the drive shaft is 2 pieces and cant take the torque.
My badges blew off the other day and my rear two doors flew off at start-up!!!

Also the 20" rims look like squares now after running over a pebble.

I guess I will replace them with SVT parts. lol

Old 08-27-2002 | 02:54 AM
|
whoa im surprised everyone finds it that hard to believe....it wasnt like he smoked me but i couldnt gain on him after the inital pull on me....i thought it was kinda cool myself that the big ol truck was doing that but maybe its just me. hopefully the pulley will be in this week with the chip and that truck wont be a problem.

Old 08-27-2002 | 09:19 AM
yep, they are pretty impressive for being 800-1000 lbs heavier

BTW, I can just 'see' all the Lightning guys cringe upon the sighting of this post!

Kind of like how a C5 owner must feel after having been waxed by a pick up truck

Old 08-27-2002 | 10:38 AM
First race

I just ran a harley truck last night I didn't want to but he was pissing me off. So we stopped on a main road in town, He said go and my truck squatted down and launched I got by him so fast when mine slammed third he was 2.5 truck lenghts behind.

Stopped at the light he caught up and said he didn't think the lightnings were that much faster!

He was surprized!!!!!!!!! For that fact So was I !!!!!!!!
I didn't think it was this quick first time I went all out

IT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob

Old 08-27-2002 | 10:42 AM
Thumbs up BOPAT

were you stock???was he stock????

thanks

Old 08-27-2002 | 11:34 AM
waxed?

waxed huh? as in.... yo e yo e yo.....wax that *** biatch

HEHEHEHEHE

I seen some modded HD's at FFW running 13.8's. This was chip and 6 lb pulley. A 2002 L should run close to a half second faster. A couple 2002's have pulled 13.4's stock on F1's up at NED.

Quick Reply: SAL!!,Need pulley fast! Just got waxed by a modded HD