Lightning

My Friend

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002 | 11:58 AM
|
My Friend

I realize that there is a good possibility that this is going to be moved. But I post here, that's it. All 2000 posts are on this forum. This is where my friends (and extended family whom I consider a big part of my support) are, so this is where I am posting. Also, the people here who have actually met my friend Leah were Lightning owners at a meet we had a few weeks back at the Scottsdale Pavillions. She was there with her husband Jeff and a friend of ours.

I got phone call from Leah's momwho is back in Denver yesterday. There was an accident. She and Jeff and Ben went to Flagstaff to go camping and they took the quads and the bike and Jeff and Ben were racing and Leah was about a minute behind when they came to a plateau and there were 2 trails. Jeff and Ben went down the ACTUAL trail and Leah got to the top and didn't see them and went the other way. She hit a 15 foot straight drop on the other side of the ridge and landed on the quad, which subsequently rolled over on top of her. It compound fractured her arm severing the tricep muscle, busted her collar bone, dislocated her shoulder and banged her up pretty good. She had to be air lifted out. I was in Flag until about midnight last night. I am sad about my friend. Sorry to be a downer But maybe you could say a prayer for her or keep her in your thoughts
Thanks.
CA

Old 08-26-2002 | 11:59 AM
Sorry to hear that...never met her but a prayer just the same....godspeed!

--wes

Old 08-26-2002 | 12:25 PM
Rest In Peace
Sorry to hear that CA my prayers go out to her.

Old 08-26-2002 | 12:38 PM
Banned
Wow sorry to hear about your friend, sounds like shes lucky to be alive.

Old 08-26-2002 | 03:13 PM
Our prayers are with her.

Old 08-26-2002 | 03:15 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope everything turns out alright in the long run! Keep it positive, and everything will be fine.

-Mike

Old 08-26-2002 | 03:46 PM
sorry to hear,hope all turns out well

Old 08-26-2002 | 03:55 PM
sorry to hear about your friend, I hope she gets well soon.. I hate those damn phone calls, they sure do ruin your day/week/month/year. If shes still in the hospital, visit her as much as you can, she will greatly appreciate it..

Old 08-26-2002 | 06:54 PM
A prayer from the East Coast of N.C. coming at her!! I am hearing a lot of bad things on 4-wheelers as of late. I just had a family members friend(13-14yo) get killed in Virginia 2 weekends ago while riding (w/helmet) at a birthday party with parents standing there chaperoning(sp.?).

Bad stuff, my prayers are with her and her family.

Old 08-26-2002 | 08:01 PM
I hope she is ok. Hope your ok I am sure she will recover well
she seems to have a good friend by her side
FYI my bro just wiped on a4 wheeler also messed up his shoulder needed surgery he fell so hard he didnt break the bone he bent it OUCH the need to give him allignment and a few staple to fix
Sorry for the humor (story is true) just lightening the situation up
Hope she feels better
Slick

Old 08-26-2002 | 09:40 PM
See I told ya everybody here cares
You know she and Jeff are in my prayers tonight

Old 08-26-2002 | 09:52 PM
I used to be pretty stupid on my 3-wheeler, until I wiped out (w/ helmet on thankfully!). I took the skin off my entire arm and was hurting for 3 weeks. Luckily, I felt it to start tipping, and jumped off just in time so it didn't roll over me. I didn't notice I was hurt (all the adrenaline pumping), and I got back on the 3-wheeler and rode around for about an hour longer. When I got home and starting washing all the mud off myself, I spray'd water on my arm and it hurt SO bad that I imediatly grabbed my upper arm to cut off circulation and started running around like a little girl in pain. Both 3-wheeler's and 4-wheeler's aren't safe. Luckily, my injuries weren't too severe. Ive got a big scar, but rather have scars than be hurt worse. People need to be more careful on these things. Once again, my prayer's out to your friend, and hopefully everything works out in the long run.

-Mike

Old 08-26-2002 | 10:14 PM
My prayers go out to her and her family and friends. Quads are more dangerous when you crash than a dirt bike, they always seem to land on you. I had a pretty good run in with my Banshee a couple years back and the quad always seems to win. I wish her a fast recovery, in might be a long one but with friends and family like you pulling for her I am sure in time she will be her old self.
Bill

Old 08-27-2002 | 10:17 AM
|
Thanks you guys for all the thoughts and prayers. I printed off what I had and emailed it to Jeff and he showed her and I think she is basically floored at all of the support she has gotten, especially from friends of friends. I'll be the first to admit when we ride we don't always have safety in mind but this was a freak accident of sorts. I guess it's all coming back around. She sounded much better when I talked to her last night, but she still hurts a lot. She's coming home tonight and I am going to stop by tomorrow after work and make dinner for her and Jeff and drop off cards and stuff from everybody here at work. We are fighting with the HR department to let us donate PTO hours. It's really starting to get frustrating. But I won't get into all that. Anyway, Thanks for thinking about my friend. It made her very happy, me too

CA

Old 08-27-2002 | 10:24 AM
I wish her the best also.

I owned a quad and flipped it and it landed on me.I was not hurt,but I did sell the quad.

VINNIE

Quick Reply: My Friend