Lightning

Type R

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002 | 10:42 PM
|
Type R

everyone i used to own an Integra til i sold it. So every now and then I go to my honda forum and gve advice. I recently read this post saying a stock integra type R beat a Lightning in a race. Now im not being biased but come on lets be a little reassonable here.If anyone cares to look at this post and read all the bull go to honda-tech.com and click kill stories and look for Lightning something i forgot the word.

Old 08-26-2002 | 11:59 PM
When I was stock, I lost to a stock Integra Type R on the highway, from 60mph to 110mph it got me by about 1.5 car lengths....

I killed it from light to light though....

Old 08-27-2002 | 02:46 AM
It looks like he is already getting ripped apart enough.

I love it when members of the same forums (besides this one) call BS on eachother -

Old 08-27-2002 | 09:13 AM
Hey blowntruck, did you race the Integra with the BMW in your sig or do you have an L? I am assuming you do given your screen name...

Old 08-27-2002 | 10:21 AM
Suspended Pending Email Reply
Before ripping this guy apart, did anyone think that MAYBE it happened? I mean, look at these possibilities:

1 - No belt on Supercharger.

2 - Fake Lightning.

3 - F-150 Flareside he ASSUMED was a Lightning.

4 - One of those AWESOME BOSS 5.4's?

5 - I beat my friend's TURBO'D ITR when my truck was stock - to 130MPH! (WRECKED him off of the line, then he held about a car-length away until we let off, for a traffic light. Then, we did it again!)

Old 08-27-2002 | 10:47 AM
I bet the Lightning owner wishes he had a pair of these seatbelt pads installed:

and maybe some 'Type R' stickers. Word has it they're worth 50 horsepower!

Old 08-27-2002 | 11:16 AM
I have only been taken by one type R since I have had my truck, and it was a friend of mine who had alot of mods done to it, i think it ran high 12's. Either the guy didnt realize that the lightning really wasn't racing him, or it wasn't a real lightning.

Old 08-27-2002 | 12:20 PM
Originally posted by 01Lightning
Hey blowntruck, did you race the Integra with the BMW in your sig or do you have an L? I am assuming you do given your screen name...
With my L.....the fuel **** is in the shop right now.....

I lost fair and square to the type-r , no need to bullshi* that I didn't.....

Old 08-27-2002 | 12:30 PM
( )( ) <ouch>

My butt hurts from smoke being blown up it......

Old 08-27-2002 | 01:23 PM
Originally posted by BlkBanshee
Before ripping this guy apart, did anyone think that MAYBE it happened? I mean, look at these possibilities:
or the lightning could have been at a bad speed. We all know there are some speeds where we don't get a great downshift or get a slower acceleration then say if the truck was a different rpm.

The real type R integra's may not be great of the line, but they are one the best FWD track cars out there, and have alot to offer with a good driver from a rolling start.

Old 08-27-2002 | 03:21 PM
Suspended Pending Email Reply
Originally posted by captainoblivious

or the lightning could have been at a bad speed. We all know there are some speeds where we don't get a great downshift or get a slower acceleration then say if the truck was a different rpm.

The real type R integra's may not be great of the line, but they are one the best FWD track cars out there, and have alot to offer with a good driver from a rolling start.
Oh, no question about that... They're probably THE best FWD you can get... But I find the Lightning kill hard to swallow, regardless.... I've driven Type R's, and almost owned one. Personally, I LOVE the car. They look good, (especially with the JDM (not Jim ) front-end)

Quick Reply: Type R