Lightning

Test drove a couple L's, kinda disappointed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Raoul
Hey Vinnie, my buddy with the Legends car got tangled up last Saturday and something broke. One more lap and he had no brakes or steering. Into the wall he went. He didn't get hurt but, it's a parts car now.

Season over.
That SUCKS.
For everybody who does not know what a legend car is.Here is a pic of mine in a crash.BTW-Of course, mine is the RED car.Like there is another color.

Old 08-27-2002, 10:50 AM
I haven't had time to read this entire thread, but here is my .02 on the original post.

I thought the L was fun on my first test drive, but not overwhelmingly fast or anything.

When I bought my '01, at first I thought I had gotten a dud. it wouldn't even turn the tires over from a dead stop.

a couple of thousand miles of break in will change this.

I have also driven numerous used L's that have been "babied" and driven "nicely". after a couple of thousand miles of "drive it like you stole it" they get alot faster as well.

but long story short, buy the truck, you'll love it.

then buy a chip/filter/6lb pulley and you'll be running mid-low 12's and loving it even more.

good luck.

later,
chris

Old 08-27-2002, 10:56 AM
Rest In Peace
Originally posted by VINNIE

That SUCKS.
For everybody who does not know what a legend car is.Here is a pic of mine in a crash.BTW-Of course, mine is the RED car.Like there is another color.
VINNIE
You look like Gordon in that pic on the last lap going into turn 3 on saturday night at Bristol. That ***** i wish rusty would have beat his @$$. I thought that Ward Burton was gonna beat Little E's @$$ though. You gotta love Bristol .

Old 08-27-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by HEVYRESQ
...Dont forget, women dont like those lil ricey cars. Get the L--your "lil guy" will thank you later!!!!
How could you say that? I got plenty in my MR2, with the cage and all, it was good for them to hang on
Bill

Old 08-27-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by BadAzz516

VINNIE
You look like Gordon in that pic on the last lap going into turn 3 on saturday night at Bristol. That ***** i wish rusty would have beat his @$$. I thought that Ward Burton was gonna beat Little E's @$$ though. You gotta love Bristol .
Take a look at the cooler.

Old 08-27-2002, 11:11 AM
Talking

That Rodeo looks a little to close. Nice cooler by the way, I guess the other Vinnie is now saying oops, I didn't know that there was still a few Gordon fans out there. He was insulting Jeff but in the same time was giving you a compliment for comparing you to Gordon.
That is too funny.
Bill

Old 08-27-2002, 11:19 AM
Rest In Peace
Wink

VINNIE
I remebered the cooler thats why i said it. I was the one that pointed the cooler out when you posted that pic HEHE . Oh and Just for the Record Gordon $ucks HEHE.

Old 08-27-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by hdmlnium
That Rodeo looks a little to close. Nice cooler by the way, I guess the other Vinnie is now saying oops, I didn't know that there was still a few Gordon fans out there. He was insulting Jeff but in the same time was giving you a compliment for comparing you to Gordon.
That is too funny.
Bill

BILL,
Glad to see you back on the boards.I for one missed your insight.

Badazz-Been a gordon fan too long to stop now.

VINNIE

Old 08-27-2002, 12:00 PM
Thumbs up

Vinnie,
Glad to be back bro.
I hope to see you again soon.
Bill

Old 08-27-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by VINNIE
Badazz-Been a gordon fan too long to stop now.

VINNIE
I know the feeling!!!! Guess we're stuck for life as a Gordon fan..........we're making a charge to the top baby!!!!!

sorry to get off topic.............I still say get the L!!!

OH, and keep the MR2 also....................BTW, please do not refer to any fast car as rice (someone did that earlier)........To me, something may "look ricey", but still be fast as *****, which therefore eliminates the whole "ricey" theory.........we have a lot of import and domestic rice out there; case in point, that yellow and green V6 Mustang someone posted here yesterday.....UGH!! to me, anything that hauls serious a$$, (yes, even Hondas, what can I say) should not be considered rice.

JC

Old 08-27-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_!
Mine is not the quickest here by far but it is the quickest of all my co workers... Acura NSX's, Porsche Boxters, Porsche 911, Corvette C5, Audi S4... The only one that had me was the Vette that had a cage and 2 BIG bottles in the back.. He got laid off... SO he doesn't count..
ROTFLMAO

Old 08-27-2002, 03:48 PM
Without a chip, the stock ECM will not downshift back into first if you punch it @ 30 mph. If for nothing else, I would get a chip just to make sure the transmission will downshift.

Old 08-27-2002, 04:30 PM
Thanks for all the replies and compliments guys. Like I said I will probably still get the Lightning I was just curious of how it felt stock. I am most definitely keeping the MR2 I would lose all kinds of money if I tried to sell it.

My best run in the MR2 was a 13.8 @107 not fast by any standards but I had some major issues with it at the time...ie a blown headgasket and bad 2nd gear syncros, I couldnt shift to second clean at all. I figure it was a high 12 sec car. I raced a 12 sec Chevell and from a 20 mph roll I could stay ahead of him the whole time. I hope to have the car in the mid to low 11's in a few months making about 400+ rwhp. Also that was with my first rebuilt I have since added a few goodies and I will also be adding a 50-75 shot of N20.

Oh and for the guy with the MR2 in pieces, do you still have it?

Old 08-27-2002, 05:13 PM
Wink

Originally posted by MR2QUIK
Oh and for the guy with the MR2 in pieces, do you still have it?
Yes I still have it, I bought it new in "91, it only has 24k original miles
I have between 60 to 65k into it counting the price of the car.
It is a sad story but some day I will get it finished.
Here are a few pics of it.
Bill

Old 08-27-2002, 05:16 PM
Wink

Here are a couple more.
Bill

Quick Reply: Test drove a couple L's, kinda disappointed?