Lightning

Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 01:11 PM
Suspended Pending Email Reply
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauges

Does anyone else hate the gauges in our trucks? They are, in my opinion, disgusting. Just like the tail lights. It's like someone at SVT said "Hey, people with imports have been doing this for years, and they like it. Now that the NEW stuff is starting to come out, let's utilize it!"

The only reason I thought about buying a Lexus IS300 instead of this truck, other than the obvious reasons with luxury, reliability, etc, was because the 5-speed has SMOKED LENSES on dark colors.

So, I'll probably buy some piece-of-crap APC tail light, just because it will LOOK better.

Now, does anyone know of a gauge replacement? I REALLY want to get rid of these gauges, but not at the cost of my 140mph speedometer - I was REALLY close to getting a stock F150 gauge pod, just to have an option on gauge faces.

Personally, I'd love to have gauges like the Autometer Cobalt series.... But that won't happen.

Or, has anyone replaced their gauges with Autometer 3-3/8" replacements?

Oh, well - I'm done with my styling rant!

Old 08-28-2002, 01:29 PM
i love the gauges i think they look good
whatever

Old 08-28-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by krnlightning
i love the gauges i think they look good
whatever
That's great, and that's your opinion. Hell, I wish that I DID like them, but personally, the radioactive-green glowing gauges make me want to puke. I mean, they're fine, and work well, and I don't care that much - but if I have the option to replace them, I would do so without a second thought.

And, hey- that's why I asked "Does anyone else HATE the gauges in our trucks?"

Old 08-28-2002, 01:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

I like the "look" of the guages as is. But I'm 100% with you on the tailights! The "clear lens" look to me says "rice". I hope someone in charge does'nt get the bright idea to put a bunch of stickers on too?

WOT

Old 08-28-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by wydopnthrtl
I like the "look" of the guages as is. But I'm 100% with you on the tailights! The "clear lens" look to me says "rice". I hope someone in charge does'nt get the bright idea to put a bunch of stickers on too?

WOT
Hahaha... "The 2005 Lightning will come with an array of stickers on the fender, just infront of the door.... Also available optionally are 'Maxwell House' exhaust tips......"

Seriously, though - even the same tail light, with just a smoked lens, would look 110% better! (They sell them over at FordTruckWorld... But I don't want to drop $200+ on tail lights.... )

Old 08-28-2002, 01:51 PM
The guages are just standard SVT, same look as my Cobra had back in 96. They were trick back then and still look decent.

I think the taillights look nicer than the standard red...I have a set of those from my 99 if you want them for cheap?

Old 08-28-2002, 03:54 PM
I'd be happy to trade you my stock '00 tailights for your ricey '01-02 tailights

Old 08-28-2002, 04:02 PM
Don't get me wrong - I still like these lights better than stock. I just would prefer a smoked look, or black background, on my black truck.

Quick Reply: Gauges