Lightning

I know I'm gonna get flamed but: Camaro SS goes to JAIL!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2002 | 02:35 AM
|
I know I'm gonna get flamed but: Camaro SS goes to JAIL!

I know from lurking here for the past few months that some of you arent very keen on road racing but well I couldnt help it. So anyway I was rolling down the main strip of my town tonight on my way home and up rolls a new camaro SS. Now I'm still stock so I was wondering if i should play with it so I rev it a little. He answers but we never really did anything till he started slowing down. We ended up at a dead stop on in the middle of the street and i honked 3 times. He nailed it, but so did I. We raced till about 75 (40 mph speed limit). I actually pulled 2 car lengths on him!!!!

This is where the fun begins....I'm sitting there in the truck enjoying my win with a friend when i see a car approaching rather quickly in my rear view. Uhoh.....cop.....Blue Lights. So im wondering why i get pulled over and the SS doesnt. About that time I look up and another cop pulls out of wendy's and nails the SS guy. So here i sit waiting for my ticket. it was funny cause the officer had trouble catching us when he was the immediate car behind me when we started the race. The cop made me get out and frisked me and then checked ID's and went back to his car. He had already threatened me with jail and a careless and imprudent ticket. He also made fun of me for not checking my rear view mirror. Cop comes back and tells me that he is going to let me off cause I admitted to racing and this SS guy lied about it.......(i guess he doesnt consider grabbing gears and going 75 in a 40 racing). To make a long story short the cop let me go with nothing and went to assist the other officer that had SS boy pulled over. When I drove by they were cuffing him outside his car (took 4 cop cars to nail him). Im sorry but I couldnt help but laugh.

Not sure what he did to **** off the police but he didnt fair as well and he lost to a silver L! OWNED ----

this is making a long story very short but i thought someone might be as amused as I am right now. Im gonna get in some real trouble when my 4#er comes in

Old 09-01-2002 | 03:09 AM
A lot of people may say they dont approve of street racing but when it comes down to it, when u r in that situation, no guy is going to back down, u know what I mean, its a guy thing, u just had bad luck by getting pulled over and then good luck when he let u go. I am not going to lie, i would of took the challenge too, chalk another one up in the win column for the lightning's

Old 09-01-2002 | 03:57 AM
|
preach it brother

Old 09-01-2002 | 04:28 AM
its cool i street race like it aint no thang, Streetracing has its own set of rules for the streets. I streetrace as much as possible I really like chevy owners that have the pissing on the ford logo in the back they are my favorite targets!

Old 09-01-2002 | 07:48 AM
Good details, Detail

Hey I'm with you, I don't want to see anybody get arrested but Dam that's funny. However my guess is there's more to the SS side of the story that you and I will never know. He probaly had a Warrant or a No License Issue and thats why he got arrested and You got off. Now if that was in NY, not only would he have gotten his doors blown off, and not only would he have been arrested, BUT HE'D ALSO BE GETTING A HUSBAND TONIGHT ON RIKERS ISLAND. That poor boy probaly got a sore butt this morning.

There's a lesson to be learned here somewhere, but I'm laughing too hard to figure out what it is. HE HE HE HE HE

Old 09-01-2002 | 11:09 AM
They also take your car and sell it at public auction around here!

The cop who pulled him over gave the old "Attitude check" and looks like he passed.

Old 09-01-2002 | 11:10 AM
Rest In Peace
Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning
There's a lesson to be learned here somewhere, but I'm laughing too hard to figure out what it is. HE HE HE HE HE
Yea dont drive a Chevy HEHE .

Old 09-01-2002 | 11:31 AM
He probably went to jail because he has no integrity and cannot be responsible for his own actions. SO, the preserve and protect boys will send him to a place that will teach him to be responsible!
Conrats to you Details for being MAN enough to take responsibilty for your own actions. You were justly rewarded. From now on look in your mirror first

Old 09-01-2002 | 11:51 AM
Honesty goes a long way with the law, I know, I've admitted to being an a**hole and gotten off without a ticket I think it gives the cops something to talk about after work, like how a motorist admitted to being an a**hole, or something

Old 09-01-2002 | 11:57 AM
The other guy probably had a warrant out for his arrest.

Old 09-01-2002 | 01:39 PM
Ahaha! What a looser SS boy is....

-Mike

Old 09-02-2002 | 02:29 AM
|
wow im really thrilled at the support. from reading here before i figured that a lot of those "holier than thou" type people would rip me a new one. you guys are awesome!

and on a side note....yes i shouldve looked in the mirror first...i feel like a dumbass .....thats what happens when the adrenaline starts flowing

the race would have never started if i wasnt trying to catch up to a car with a HUGE wing on it to show my friend so we could laugh about it. The SS must have been his "rice buddy" by the looks of the guy driving it. at least it didnt have a wing.

Last edited by detail; 09-02-2002 at 02:45 AM.
Old 09-02-2002 | 02:49 AM
Just take it to the track next time. That way it's all fair and square and LEGAL.

Besides all that, there a lot of guys that have never been to the track and don't know what to expect exactly. This is an avantage!

WOT

Old 09-02-2002 | 10:46 AM
Originally posted by detail
wow im really thrilled at the support. from reading here before i figured that a lot of those "holier than thou" type people would rip me a new one. you guys are awesome!

and on a side note....yes i shouldve looked in the mirror first...i feel like a dumbass .....thats what happens when the adrenaline starts flowing

the race would have never started if i wasnt trying to catch up to a car with a HUGE wing on it to show my friend so we could laugh about it. The SS must have been his "rice buddy" by the looks of the guy driving it. at least it didnt have a wing.
In my younger years (about three years ago in my '99 Cobra) I waxed a Jag convertable with some snobby azz guy with his girlfriend in it . We both didn't see the cop siting behind ME at the light. I got off after stating I wouldn't have done it if I would have seen him. Got lucky, EXTREMELY lucky. Since then, I take it to the track. You should do the same.

Quick Reply: I know I'm gonna get flamed but: Camaro SS goes to JAIL!