Lightning

SES Light??? Code P107

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002 | 09:22 PM
|
SES Light??? Code P107

Took my 02 L to my local Autozone to check whats causing my SES light to come on and they pulled a P107 code. Their directory listed the code as: Manifold, Absolute Pressure/ Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input. What does this refer to???

Last edited by Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~; 09-09-2002 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-09-2002 | 09:46 PM
Our trucks use the mass air flow sensor to calculate your Baro reading. it should be at 157hz at sea level and closer to 145 in denver. Check the wiring to the MAF chances are the sensor is damaged

Old 09-09-2002 | 11:12 PM
actually, that is not true...

Lightnings DO USE a BARO sensor.

yours has either gone bad, has a wiring problem to or from it or your PCM is bad, or you could have a vacuum signal problem.

look under your hood on the driver side of the supercharger I believe and you'll see it. it has a "vacuum" line running to it and an electrical connector with three wires. Brown/ White stripe, Grey/ Red stripe, and Dark Blue/ Light Green stripe.

good luck.

later,
chris

Last edited by superfords; 09-09-2002 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-09-2002 | 11:39 PM
|
OK so I checked out the MAF sensor wires and took the MAF sensor out carefully and everything checked out fine. Went ahead and reset my computer again. The light went away and didn't come on while driving around. Pulled over and killed the engine, waited 5min. and started the truck back up. The light came on immediatly.
Question: when checking codes do you need to start the truck or just turn the power on? The guy at Autozone just turned the power on. Just making sure the guy did it right.

Old 09-09-2002 | 11:47 PM
just turn the key on to check the codes.

really there are three types of codes KOEO, KOER, Continuous Memory, the first two are HARD FAULT codes meaning that the concern is present when the test is performed either Key On Engine Off or Key On Engine Running, the Continuous Memory codes are codes that may not be present at the time of the test, but a problem has been seen and a code has been stored in memory.

the reason your light came on as soon as you cut your key on the second time is that the PCM looks for a fault on two consecutive key cycles before it sets a light.

For example, you could drive around for a while with (for example) your IAT intake air temp sensor unplugged, but if you cut the truck off and then started it again, when the pcm saw the sensor showing open circuit or incorrect voltage for the second consecutive time, it'd turn the check engine light on.

your next step aside from checking the sensor to see if its properly plugged in (vacuum and wiring connectors) is to start doing voltage and resistance checks on the wiring.

READ: take it to the dealership for service.

good luck.

later,
chris

Last edited by superfords; 09-09-2002 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-21-2003 | 03:17 PM
Unhappy P106 & P107

I too have been experiencing intermitent P106 & P107 codes. Have been to the dealer twice. First time they just cleared the PCM. Second time they replaced the MASS. Just picked my Bolt up and drove it for 4 days before the stinking SES came back on with the same codes!!!! Is any one else having this same issue?

Old 05-21-2003 | 04:31 PM
|
2001Bolt

Have you changed your plugs lately? When I changed my plugs i remembered unplugging some sensors on the drivers side towards the fire wall so i could reach the far back coil pack and plug easier. Turned out I missed one and this was what was throwing the code P0107. May not be your problem since your throwing two codes, but this was the cause for my SES light. Good luck.

Quick Reply: SES Light??? Code P107